• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Albino & Snow Scaleless Tesseras

Richard Hume

Two years ago, Vin Russo & I acquired a really interesting pair of snakes from Don Soderberg in Daytona - a tessera het anery scaleless male, and a normal female het for anery scaleless. We bred them this year, and already had the great good fortune to hatch out two tessera scaleless (pictures posted earlier this week in the Photo Gallery). There were still two eggs left to hatch in the clutch - yesterday out popped an albino scaleless tessera, and this morning the last one was out - a snow scaleless tessera!

Out of a clutch of about 15 (haven't counted them all yet) we got four scaleless, which is about right (should be 1 in 4) but having them all be tesseras was a nice surprise, really beating the odds there. And having both of the parents be het albino was another pleasant surprise, we just knew they were het anery. Interestingly, we didn't get any anery scaleless, but there were anerys in the rest of the clutch. We still have a shot at anery scaleless in a few weeks.

Oh, by the way, has anyone done these (amel or snow scaleless tesseras) yet? I couldn't find anything on the web, but doesn't mean they don't already exist.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Albino Tessera Scaleless Small.jpg
    Albino Tessera Scaleless Small.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Snow Scaleless Tessera Small.jpg
    Snow Scaleless Tessera Small.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 155
Congrats! :cheers: What a cute little pink wormy. So weird how scaleless affects the tessera pattern. It's almost a little disappointing, I was hoping for more blotches and spots.

I don't like scaleless tessera at all, but that little amel tessera blows my mind, Rich !!!
Very nice doing !
I heard from anery scaleless tessera at the moment, but snow and amel ... i belive there is no one - except you :)

The combo of colors on that amel are breath-taking! The purples, corals, and pinks. Just gorgeous.

Congrats on (possibly) being the first!

Back