• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Alert Baby Corn

wellcalm

My snake is about 7-8 months old. The last few days s/he has been very alert. Almost everytime (all times of the day) I go to have a look in the cage, s/he is looking about the place. I have read a couple of threads about the snake possibly being hungry, but I did think of that and fed the snake, but it still seems to be awfully alert. When I pick it up s/he is just as it always is when I handle it and nothing seems different when it's being handled. This is odd to me. It is usually in its chosen hide along with the other snake in the cage. This is not typical of Corn Snake behaviour that I have read. At first I was scared it might be sick, but aside from it being very alert, all else seems well. Any ideas?

I have observed that this snake does not seem to be growing at the same rate as the other snake of the same age. Could it be metabolizing its food at a faster rate? I don't know...

Sounds like your snake is comfortable in its surroundings, enough so that it dosn't feel the need to hide as much...good deal...as for your second question your answer is as good of one as any...some will grow faster than others, and even eat less than slower growing siblings or same age snakes...it could be a bit stressed by its cage mate so you may want to try separating them and seeing if her behavior changes; forgot they were housed together when I first started replying...Keep up the observations, it's what really makes this hobby so addicting; just watching them grow...peace, hoser...:cool:

Back