• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

All about weight

lucia

How much do the female have to weigh before breeding? everyone is telling me different, and now I´m confused.

And how many gram should a one year old cornsnake weigh for example?

3 years/36"/300grams. I'd say weight is most important, without question. I'm not sure that I'd breed a 300 gram year old snake either, but that's just me.

As far as a yearling, who knows. You've got people like Dean with 140gram snakes that were born in 2005, so when next summer rolls around you'll probably be looking at a 300 gram yearling, or so.

I've got some yearlings from Rich that are 50-60 grams, and I've got some of my own that are less than that. It's all about genetics and food supply.

thanks for your answer, I did just weigh my albino bloodred and she was 131 grams, she is born 18 september 2004.

Is that to little? or too much?? :)

Really just depends on the individual snake. Hunter is an 03, healthy and 187 grams (I think.. its close to that anyhow, paper with weight is somewhere here LOL) while Treasure is a late 04 (born the end of November 2004) and is weighing in at 281 grams. The weight and length really don't have anything to do with age (or so I've read on here 400 million times ~,~) Again, with mine, Hunter is 39 inches, and Treasure is near 50 inches.

Back