• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Allow myself to introduce...myself

sqrt(-1)

corn-a-licious
Hi! My name is Jon. I'm a senior at the University of Minnesota. I've always been interested in snakes and it wasn't until recently that I decided I should get one as a pet. I did some research and decided to get a corn for all the reasons you people already know about.

I went to the reptile store yesterday to check out what they had and do some pricing. They had a 5 month old amel corn that I pretty much fell in love with. I'm planning on going back today after work to buy it, along with a 30 gal tank and all the other necessities.

It's been a couple weeks since my addiction started...I bought a couple books "The Art of Keeping Snakes" and "The Corn Snake Manual" read them and then fed my addiction by finding every site on the internet about corns and checking out pictures. Finally, I feel I am ready for the real thing.

I'll see if I can gank my roommates camera tonight, since I sadly don't have a digital one, and post some pictures. Oh, man! I'm excited!

peace

Welcome to the forums and the addiction, Jon. You'll find a good group of peeps here, and a lot of help when needed.

Be forewarned. I started out with one corn in August of '04 - and am now up to eight. (And it'll be ten by the end of February.)

Scary thing is, I'm one of the slower folks when it comes to "getting a fix".

Anyhoo, welcome!

regards,
jazz

This is very true.

I started off with 2 hatchlings in October of 2003. I stayed good, it was just those two and a pair of ball pythons.

December of 2004 came around and I added a few more...4 I believe. Ended up losing one of those and it's replacement, so it stayed at that.

Feb/March came around, and I bought two 2003's from Kathy.

Then Daytona came around, and I went nuts.

Currently, I'm at 22 and another one will be added next week from Rich (pewter female).

Welcome! :wavey:

jazzgeek said:
Be forewarned. I started out with one corn in August of '04 - and am now up to eight. (And it'll be ten by the end of February.)
Heck you're doing really good. We started with one at the same time and are now around 50 :bang:

~Katie

Ok Jon - as this has been bugging me I have to ask. Is there a reason your forum name is equal to i? There has to be a story behind that.

~Katie

I was trying to think of something really clever and unique. I'm sorry to disapoint, but there really is no story either. I guess I thought it would be neat to be i, it is after all a pretty abstract concept.

I was hoping someone would be able to appreciate it. :)

sqrt(-1) said:
I was trying to think of something really clever and unique. I'm sorry to disapoint, but there really is no story either. I guess I thought it would be neat to be i, it is after all a pretty abstract concept.

I was hoping someone would be able to appreciate it. :)
hehe...I was just curious. Took me a while but once I actually really thought about it I figured it out. I was surprised because nobody said something before (then again I'm a serious geek sometimes so it really shouldn't surprise me).

~Katie

Back