• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Almost too embarrassed to post...

Bobo's Mama

proud corn mommy!
I figured it was time to post this after all. On Monday, Dec. 8th, I came home late and Bill's tank lid was all caved in...:(...and he was gone. And he is still gone. I set out a bottle trap, left some crinkly shopping bags laying around, put baby powder on the bathroom tile, just in case he went in there. I think my cat got on top of his viv and caved it in, but then, it may have just been an old viv. It was a custom home-made viv put together with glass and a wood framed lid on top. It even had a notch for the thermostat/thermometer cables. I thought it was very sound. It didn't rattle or wiggle at all. Anyway, Bill is gone. I've searched my room which is upstairs and haven't found a darn thing. I've searched downstairs with the same results. If he gets outside he'll freeze. It's been very cold and even snowy here lately. If he gets into the garage, he'll probably brumate himself and maybe I'll find him in the spring, but that's kind of wishful thinking. I haven't quite given up hope though. I'm still looking now and then. How do you lose a 300g white snake, anyway??!! :nope:

You poor thing. This is my absolute worst nightmare at the moment, having two recent additions to the family in the form of naughty kittens, one of whom is already fond of jumping on top of Charlie's viv.

I pray that Bill turns up unscathed and very very soon.

Sorry to hear about this happening! But never totally give up! I found my female texas rat who was bigger and fatter after almost a whole year, and she was found OUTSIDE the house! Spent the whole North Dakota winter living...I don't know! So it IS possible!

Check in the basement by the furnace or hot water heater. I had a corn get out one time in the middle of a Denver winter. She lived for 3 months in the basement of my apartment complex. When we found her, it was because someone had accidentally squished her. But have hope! Check around hot water pipes, furnace vents, etc. He'll want to find some place that's warm.

Not Bill!!!!!
Well, if he can survive Dean's head squishing episode, he's a survivor, that's for sure! :p

Don't lose hope, and PLEASE let us know how this turns out.

Poor thing! Good luck in the search! I lost my sinaloan once, I found him in between two boxes in my closet. Please let us know if you find him.

I'm sorry to hear that he hasn't turned up yet. But don't lose hope, Becky. I'm still sending out the positive vibes...

Try the underside of washer and dryer, under frig, inside the working parts of any big appliances its both warm and moist. Piles of clothes, towels cupboard, blankets.... If you have a cat watch the cat mine have usually guided me to the the escapee. Good luck

I concur with everyone about checking around warm places because that's where my lil'100 g aztec was found this past Nov...he wasn't around the heater, but he was near it, hidden in a shoe. :p He had also been missing for about 4 weeks, and surprisingly, none of the cats (not even the one that would have been the most interested in him!) got to him at all.

Good luck to you & a speedy recovery in finding Bill! *fingers crossed*

I don't think you have to worry about him going outside...Snakes come _in_ in the winter! He's huge- he'll turn up somewhere.

I found that glue traps can work pretty well... after an escaped snake got stuck in a neighbor's trap for mice! :p
The trick is to check them constantly, and to use oil to ~very slowly and patiently~ free them. The snake will probably do any "work" for you, so don't pull on it, just keep oiling the snake as it tries to get free and it should be fine.

I found that glue traps can work pretty well... after an escaped snake got stuck in a neighbor's trap for mice! :p
The trick is to check them constantly, and to use oil to ~very slowly and patiently~ free them. The snake will probably do any "work" for you, so don't pull on it, just keep oiling the snake as it tries to get free and it should be fine.

That probably does work good. I wouldn't purposely stick my snake to a glue trap though. There is way to much risk in hurting it. I'm sure her snake will show up, or she could use less risky options to catch him.

I'm sorry to hear he is missing. I loss my Amel and Snow in my old highschool when I first rescued them, so I have high hopes you'll find your boy. Good luck, I'm sure he'll show up.

Nooo! :(

I hope Bill is just somewhere in the house doing a self brumation.

Beatrix is sending out warm thoughts to help you find him!

You'll find him!

I discovered that one of my snakes went MIA last week and my husband found her three days later. Mind you, she was probably gone for a week by the time I realised she was missing. Don't give up hope! Bill's a survivor.

I just wanted to update this post with some good news! I found Bill last night! :dancer::dancer: He was hiding underneath a plastic cabinet I have. Its one of those ones with tubs that slide out and it has wheels on it. Anyway, he's looking good. He's got some scratched scales and he was very cold, but I think he'll be fine. I'm just so relieved. :wavey:

Back