• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Alterna Corn Progression Thread

Stony

a tad loony
(Quick note on the side: I read through the Stickys, but couldn’t find anything about corn hybrids not being allowed to be posted here, or do they count as non-corns? If that’s the case and I’ve made an idiot of myself, then please just delete this thread. Thank you.)

As I barely come across any photos regarding such corns (corns x grey band kings) I have decided to start a progression thread of my little Tazz. Sadly I don’t have any pictures of her as a hatchling (and do not know what colour morph her mom was (her mom was the corn snake, as far as I know)), but I guess starting late is better than never.

Size: approx.: 40 cm
Weight: //

25a4r5x.jpg

in74wo.jpg

2u94qh2.jpg

Best regards
Stony

She should be shedding soon, then I will try and get some more nice pics of her.

thanks ;)

Aww she's adorable! I love her markings, and I really look forward to seeing more of her as she grows! :3

back from the dead ^^

So finally have arisen from the dead again, with an update on my baby girl. She shed a few weeks ago (I went ballistics, I was so happy ^^) and everything went as planned, but sadly I couldn’t get any nice pictures of her at that time. But there was no real difference, except for the fact that she looked all glossy and polished. It was just so cute.

She is slowly calming down a bit, but she still has her spastic moments when she goes on escape mode, but I still love her.

Okay, now let me quit the babbling and show you some nice pics. ;P

35819x2.jpg

11kzc7s.jpg

24m5f2s.jpg

1hfj1g.jpg

2gwyjxv.jpg

zkicl5.jpg

308e3pk.jpg

2sboheh.jpg

nyi7w8.jpg

vsht7d.jpg

2hpsq3o.jpg

She is beautiful. Does she act more like a corn or a king (all the kings I met wanted to eat everything they saw, including fingers)

Very nice looking frankensnake you have there... ;)

Alterna are just lovely animals, and the mix with corn genes certainly hasn't made your hybrid ugly. I understand breeding corns and kings can be a testy business, as the king has been known to get the munchies and attempt to eat its partner...

dreamwallaby: thanks. She is a real sweetie. Has never bitten or struck at me. So that she must have gotten from her corn side.
On the other hand she is extremely shy and does not come out at all when it is still light or if humans are around, so then again, that is more like the grey bands (at least that is what I have heard about the greys...)

(thank goodness she isn't a finger eater lol ^^)

Guru: frankensnake :D must remember that one ^^
I have heard that too, with the poor corns becoming a snack ( snake-snack. gosh I'm so funny. Not.)
Not nice. But from what I've heard, some of those breeders have some (pretty weird) ways of going about it....

After long absence, I am finally back with an update.
I thought it would be appropriate, as Tazzie will be turning two years old soon. 

Also, I am confused. On a different site, I was approached with the fact that my so called “hybrid” looks like an eastern or red milk snake? And when checking, I found that that person was right. She really does look a lot like the red milk snake, does she not?

Now my question: Is she really a hybrid or did the people simply have no clue what they were selling and just made something up? (If she really is, I guess this threat should be moved to the general Chit Chat Forum or the All "Others" Photo Gallery, right?)

Also, here are some new pics of my sweet angel. She’s grown quite a bit in the year that I’ve had her and is around about 60 cm long now. She’s still a no show during the day and a nervous little thing, but all in all a true angel. 

We’re also in the process of buying and setting up her large terrarium (yay ^^) so once that is done, I’ll be sure to post some pics ;D

mwfsip.jpg

Peekaboo! ;P

11qnxg4.jpg

Slowly it’s getting difficult to hold her with just one hand! 

30bmm20.jpg

2a8nj29.jpg

Best Regards
Stony

Back