• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Am I the only one...

Big time Emoryi. Almost looks pure, but there's a chance of corn in it. Probably never knew what it was from the start.

Looks pure emoryi to me. I don't see any corn influence. Of course, they're so closely related that any possible corn influence may be very difficult to detect. Here's my young male emoryi to compare with:

Attachments

• 121305 leroy (5).JPG
    121305 leroy (5).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 118
Check out the sellers web page on corn snakes for sale specifically the Carmel corns! :shrugs:

kinda' makes me wonder though.... if this person has the sense to recognise that creamsicles are intergrades between corn and great plains rat snake then why could they not see the Emoryi influence in that Anery...

:rolleyes: OR maybe they did and was playing it off to get rid of it....

which in my opinion would be just plain wrong!

abell82 said:
No, not normals look again. Here is the link! http://home.earthlink.net/~tspuckler/corn.htm

Um, yes. That's what I looked at before. The pictures he has of his male and female caramel breeders look like normals to me. I checked the names of the pictures this time though, they're malecarmel and femalecarmel. Hmmm...

Also, from his description of a caramel -
"These snakes lack red and have a golden brown background with orange blotches."

What is it exactly that you're trying to get us to see? :shrugs:
Maybe I just need some more coffee. :p

No you don't need more coffee MB. Those are not caramels. I also love the "het creamsicle" part... though I suspect he means to say het amel.

The links to his breeder's pics may be wrong, and I thought the saddle count on the "anery A" that was linked (and now gone) was too low to be an Emory rat snake. :shrugs:

Lot of variation in anery A's, and that holds true for just about any "morph". Just a lil :devil01:'s advocacy. More questions from the seller would be in order :*)

Mary-Beth is KoRny said:
Um, yes. That's what I looked at before. The pictures he has of his male and female caramel breeders look like normals to me. I checked the names of the pictures this time though, they're malecarmel and femalecarmel. Hmmm...

Also, from his description of a caramel -
"These snakes lack red and have a golden brown background with orange blotches."

What is it exactly that you're trying to get us to see? :shrugs:
Maybe I just need some more coffee. :p

Your problem is you are letting the description cloud your judgement. If the Male is a Hypo and the female is a Miami phase, what do you get?

http://home.earthlink.net/~tspuckler/femalecarmel.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~tspuckler/malecarmel.jpg

You get a Crimson, not a Carmel. I really wish he had baby pics, I would like to see the Carmels that come from these two parents!

abell82 said:
If the Male is a Hypo and the female is a Miami phase, what do you get?

You get a Crimson, not a Carmel.

ummmm...you'd get normals het crimsons ;*)....

The caramel babies are probably from het caramel parents...i'd like to see some baby caramel pics too, if they are indeed from the parents linked on his site :*)

cka said:
ummmm...you'd get normals het crimsons ;*)....

The caramel babies are probably from het caramel parents...i'd like to see some baby caramel pics too, if they are indeed from the parents linked on his site :*)

You get a normal het for Crimson only if the parents aren't het for Crimson/Hypo who says these aren't? All of Rich's Miami's are! Sorry forgot to phrase it as Miami HET for hypo and Hypo het for Crimson. Which really if a Miami is just a normal then isn't a Crimson just a hypo? :shrugs: So the hypo really does not have to be het for anything as long as the Miami is het for Hypo, right?

I emailed him and asked if his caramel breeders were normals het caramel.

This was his response -
Mary-Beth,

I consider them to be carmel corns. They have a somewhat different look than other carmels, but as you know, there's quite a bit of variability in corn snakes. Like Miamis and Okeetees, carmels are "normals," that are selectively bred for specific characteristics.

Tim

So I emailed him some quotes from, and links to, SerpenCo and SMR. Still waiting for a response to that one. :)

OK here's his response to the links.

Mary-Beth,

Ya know what, you're absolutely right! I just looked it up on serpenco.com and cornsnake.net.
I always thought that they were a "fancy" normal.

Tim

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I get the feeling he's saying that so I'll leave him alone. :shrugs:

Mary-Beth is KoRny said:
OK here's his response to the links.

Mary-Beth,

Ya know what, you're absolutely right! I just looked it up on serpenco.com and cornsnake.net.
I always thought that they were a "fancy" normal.

Tim

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I get the feeling he's saying that so I'll leave him alone. :shrugs:

Good work, Mary-Beth. I just feel bad for all the people who may have bought "caramels" from him in the past, especially for breeding purposes. I wonder if he has a plan to address the mis-labeled snakes he's already sold. :rolleyes:

LOL.... I emailed him too...

I nicely explained that I thought that the anery male looked like it may not be pure corn, and that it resembles some of my snakes that are indeed Emoryi rat snakes.
Then I asked him if it could be a possibility that it have any Emoryi genetics and then went on to add that if there is a possibility that all he needed to do is make sure to add that point to his add.

(no responce)... except for the fact that the Anery add is now gone :shrugs:

go figure~

anyways -- :rolleyes: If you look on his site it claims that he gives presentations.
you would think that for someone who does something like that they would at least be clear on some of the most common species / types.

Back