• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amber and creamsicle?

Fordie

So i know very little about the genes mixing scenario, i have an Amber female, and my friend is looking for a Creamsicle male(just her preference).
If they were to bread in the way distant future, what might we expect?
Thanks in advance

keeping in mind that creams are hybrids between corns and emoryis, you will end up with normals het hypo, caramel and amel.

Billybobob said:
keeping in mind that creams are hybrids between corns and emoryis, you will end up with normals het hypo, caramel and amel.
Which is het Butter and Hypo, little hint up there... If you do go that route, and plan to sell the offspring, please make sure you tell people that there is Emoryi blood involved....

CaptBogart said:
Which is het Butter and Hypo, little hint up there... If you do go that route, and plan to sell the offspring, please make sure you tell people that there is Emoryi blood involved....

But couldn't you also say het amber and amel. This is the reason why I prefer to type out the each morph instead of just saying things like het snow, blizzard, butter, opal, etc. Anyways by stating each morph individually helps to teach new people what makes up each morph.

Also I saw your "little hint" but since it was incomplete I figured I would give Fordie a complete answer

dionythicus said:
If you're going to list the morphs individually, you would have to say het hypo, caramel and amel.

Did you even read this thead? :shrugs:

Billybobob said:

This quote came from my first post in this thread. My second post was in reply to CaptBogart's post.

Billybobob said:
Did you even read this thead? :shrugs:

This quote came from my first post in this thread. My second post was in reply to CaptBogart's post.

Yes, I read the "thead". And I was agreeing with you.

Not trying to start any thing but I just reread your first post and i don't see how it is agreeing with me, to me it seems like you were trying to correct my second post. I just don't see how this first part "If you're going to list the morphs individually" is an agreement.

Cool, well thanx ppl. Dont know if we are going to breed them, but just wanted to know what to expect in case we do.
Thanx again

Fordie said:
So i know very little about the genes mixing scenario, i have an Amber female, and my friend is looking for a Creamsicle male(just her preference).
If they were to bread in the way distant future, what might we expect?
Thanks in advance
Why not a butter instead of a Creamsicle?

Yea ya hit nail on head there billybob, my friend adores the creamsicles n just wont have anything other than a creamsicle.
:grin01:

Yeah, I like the creams too :)

You should probably call the offspring "rootbeers", as I understand that's the standard term for a "normal" (non-albino) guttata/emoryi "hybrid". het amel, hypo, and butter of course ;)
Some people are pretty touchy about genetic "purity" though, which is why I only breed creams to creams, and why one should clearly label anything of emoryi lineage. I've even heard of some people who kill ones that they get accidentally (or are dumped on them)! :(

Back