• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amel for sale locally

moonchild

Someone has this snake for sale near me for $100... I am so tempted...

Amel4Sale1.jpg

Amel4Sale2.jpg

Just for size comparison, the snake is in a 30 gallon tank.

For $100 I'd rescue it from the pitiful tank. Nice and healthy, thankfully.

Maybe they're related to someone else on here who sells snakes in filthy enclosures.

Maybe its that unseen "pity factor", you feel sorry for it, so you buy it. Sometimes I think that's how petstores sell bettas. Leave a few dead to float and people don't want the others to end up that way..

Or maybe I'm just jaded because I consider myself not very involved in my snakes' day to day lives and my containers still look better than that!

Yeah the tank is pretty pitiful, the snake is gorgeous though, from what I can tell anyway. The person selling it said he would take 100 for the snake or 175 for snake and the enclosure/heat mat etc..and I'm thinking I don't want to pay 75 for that nasty thing!

E. g. guttata said:
I still have that hatchling for you. ;)

I wish I had known you still had it before I got other hatchlings, I am being overrun by hatchlings, wanting some older ones! Yearlings or older... Hatchlings are so cute but I feel really uncomfortable holding them because they are so delicate!

moonchild said:
I wish I had known you still had it before I got other hatchlings, I am being overrun by hatchlings, wanting some older ones! Yearlings or older... Hatchlings are so cute but I feel really uncomfortable holding them because they are so delicate!

That's what I get for taking that beautiful butter mot from you at the overland park show, even though I didn't realize it was you. LOL! Don't worry, I'll find a nice home for him in any case.

lol didn't know that was you at the time either! Until you posted about the butter motley when you got home.. then I was like so THAT was him! lol

yeah, looks to me his husbandry needs serious improvement, including the obvious housing conditions and possibly a diet, lol!
Nice colors, though... :)

moonchild said:
lol didn't know that was you at the time either! Until you posted about the butter motley when you got home.. then I was like so THAT was him! lol

At least you have an idea of what I look like for future reference. ;)

Shep151 said:
yeah, looks to me his husbandry needs serious improvement, including the obvious housing conditions and possibly a diet, lol!
Nice colors, though... :)

Yeah, he definitely doesn't look like he's being starved huh? :)

I just wish I had the money when you were at the OP show for that $75 Amel you had!!

EWWWW!! That tank is horrible! The snake is gorgeous though. A bit of bleach water and a lot of elbow grease and the tank will clean up. :santa:

moonchild said:
I just wish I had the money when you were at the OP show for that $75 Amel you had!!
Yeah, he sold later that day. I do still have the Opal, though... :poke:

Back