• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

amel motley or sunglow motley

erwin

Can say someone to me if it concerns here amel motley or sunglow motley ?Be bit of wise by the different photo's. :shrugs:
Do not see direct withe in its pattern. :sidestep:
I think that it amel motley are but are no longer certainly :cry:
Gr Erwin
Belgium

Attachments

• M1 amel motley.jpg
    M1 amel motley.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
I don't know if you can call that a sunglow because he has no white but I think he doesn't look red enought. But if it is a sunglow motley it still is an amel motley, you can't mis by calling him an amel motley

What ever it is it is a stunning snake. Does sunglow just mean lack of white or is it a genetically distinct morph?

Looks like a beautiful Sunglow Motley to me. To answer your initial question erwin: 'amel motley or sunglow motley?'

BOTH! All sunglow motleys are also amel motleys.

But that doesn't work the other way around. All sunglow motleys are amel motleys, but NOT all amel motleys are sunglows.

AndyW said:
What ever it is it is a stunning snake. Does sunglow just mean lack of white or is it a genetically distinct morph?

Sunglow is a line-bred trait; showing no white. There's not a specific 'sunglow' gene.

Personally, I would not call this snake a sunglow. I think the point of sunglow is no-white, AND a bright ground color. Compare the above to Don Soderberg's motley sunglows at http://cornsnake.net and you'll see why I think ground color is important. ;)

Well, in this situation, I think the fact that it has no white really isn't relevant because it seems the motley trait is taking care of that anyways. In a Sunglow Motley, I'd expect to see some brilliantly bright red saddles and orange ground color. Though that is a very very nice snake, I would just call it an amel motley. :)

Back