• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amel Right?

rusticreptiles

Hello,

Just picked this guy up yesterday. He is an Amel correct? I have gotten a few that aren't what they were sold as, so I'm verifying all new ones on here!
Here he is. :)

#1 - no flash
#2 - flash
#3 - head close up

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Syria-Amel (4).JPG
    Syria-Amel (4).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Syria-Amel (5).JPG
    Syria-Amel (5).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Syria-Amel (15).JPG
    Syria-Amel (15).JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 116
Not an amel. There is melanin present. The pupils are black.
A hypo maybe?

Somebody with more experience probably knows.

I'd also guess Hypo, as I see a touch of black around the saddles and the pupils are pretty dark for an Amel... Hopefully you get more input, though!

Actually they look dark red to me. I vote for Amel...looks very similar to mine. I also see dark red on the borders of the saddles, not black. So definatly a vote for amel from me.

Actually they look dark red to me. I vote for Amel...looks very similar to mine. I also see dark red on the borders of the saddles, not black. So definatly a vote for amel from me.

As far as I'm aware, all Amels have pink eyes. I have never seen dark red eyes on an amel.
Hypos do, however, have dark red eyes.
That is why I think it it hypo.

Here is another pic with flash...he has no black on his scales, it's dark red. He looks like a sunset or autumn leaves. Very pretty. His Iris is a dark red as well. I wasn't sure because a lot of the amels I've seen had redder eyes and more white on the scales, but he has some white edging around the saddles. Just not much. :)
I guess I will find out for sure when I breed him to my Lavender het Amel. :)

Yup! Ran down to my dark basement and took these. His eyes reflect like an albino rat/mouse, hedgehog, etc. So, I'm guessing Amel. His eyes just look more orangeyred than pink which confused me. :)

Attachments

• DSC02445.JPG
    DSC02445.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC02446.JPG
    DSC02446.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02447.JPG
    DSC02447.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 102
Ooo! I change my answer. That looks like an Amel belly to me. :) I must have a dark computer screen here at work, because I swear I still see black around the saddle edges, but the belly doesn't look Hypo at all, IMO. :)

Thanks! That's what I'm going with when I breed him! I have the Lavender het Amel, and a Hypo girl that is het for a bunch of things, so I wanted to make sure I bred him to the right one.

Karoni...my hypos belly has orangey checks with black edging. The checks are also more spaced apart than my normal. Not sure if that is with all hypos though. :)

Attachments

• Christmas Bling.JPG
    Christmas Bling.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 67
As far as I'm aware, all Amels have pink eyes. I have never seen dark red eyes on an amel.
Hypos do, however, have dark red eyes.
That is why I think it it hypo.

nope. Both of my amels have light pink iris and a dark pink/red pupil, just like this corn. And since we now have a belly shot it is confirmed. Definatly an amel.

With the first set of pics I was going with Hypo as well. But with the next set of pics and belly shot it is a Amel for sure. Just goes to show that a camera and a computer screen can really mask true colors.

Looks like an ultramel to me. There is just to little white to be an amel and to dark to be a sunglow.

Back