• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

amelenistic

MaeglinCalaelen

this is my first corn I bred by myself, her father is a creamcicle and her mom a ghost. It 's just an amelenistic corn but I like her

mbf6ll.jpg

mbfeten1qg.jpg

mbfeten12fm.jpg

Oh she is very beautiful!! I love her oranges, she's going to look great when she's all grown up!

@ Hediki: yes, all the rest is sold. If you were interested you should make a long trip. I think Belgium is a little far from your place

She's really pretty. Technically she is a creamsicle because of the Emoryi blood.
I did not know you would get any amels from an amel x hypo cross. The ghost would have to be a double het, right?

What a beautiful little corn.The colors are so bright!

One of my Dreams is to produce my own babys.I hope this will be the year.I am so excitied,I just hope nothing goes wrong.

I want to see the babys come out and to see a baby that I produced.I bet it is such a great feeling.

The baby you kept is so awesome.

wow

That's not "just an amelanistic" it's gorgeous. Even though it's part emory it looks just like a reverse okeetee. Great pics too.

MaeglinCalaelen said:
the ghost must be het for snow, because she's only 12.5% emory i prefer to say she's an amelanistic

Well, hate to be rude, but that's tough. If she's got emoryi blood in her, she's an emoryi hybrid, plain and simple. I sure hope you told the people you sold the hatchlings too that they were actually getting hybrids. :rolleyes:

And how do you know she's only 12.50% emoryi? If the father is a creamsicle (50/50), then that offspring is 1/4 emoryi, not 1/8.

they were told, don't worry.
I say that she's only 12.5% emory because the father is only 25% emory.
here is a picture of him (I think he is quite nice, and as you can see he has no white unlike his daughter)
maeglincalaelencream8ln.jpg

Beautiful snake. I love the mixture and patterns of the various colors. I don't understand genetics very well so I can't say anything about that. But to call her merely an Amel is not giving her enough credit I say ;)

Kevin,

When does the line stop? Oh well, it's only 25% emoryi so it's not *really* an emoryi.

Maybe you think 1/4 Emoryi isn't really an emoryi, but there's a lot of people who'd disagree.

There are people would would say 1/8 is hybrid, 1/16 is hybid, 1/32 is hybrid. I think any amount of hybrid blood in the genetic makeup should be listed as a hybrid, end of discussion.

You sell someone an 'amel' that's really 1/4 emoryi, and dont tell them. They then turn around and breed it, producing more hybrids, and then you've got a gene pool that's being ruined by hybrid blood. Eventually everything is going to be a big damn mutt because people cant be responsible enough to label things correctly.

Quite frankly, I dont give a damn what someone thinks is a hybrid. You have a responsibility, as a seller/breeder, to let someone know the true genetic makeup of that particular snake, PERIOD. You dont change that because YOU feel that 1/4 emoryi isn't 'really' an emoryi.

When does the line stop? Oh well, it's only 25% emoryi so it's not *really* an emoryi.

Maybe you think 1/4 Emoryi isn't really an emoryi, but there's a lot of people who'd disagree.

she isn't an emory, just like she isn't a pure corn. The people who buyed one of me know it's a hybrid.

Seems to me like a moot point if my snake's ancestor 5 generations back was half emory. That still means it has "hybrid blood." I fail to see how animals like this are ruining the gene pool. Unless they're bred back to emorys, the emory influence will be lost through generations of breeding to corns. It's not like the descendant of this snake several generations down will throw a clutch with half emorys and half corns. Everyone talks like an entire bloodline is ruined if something is hybridized or intergraded. If it's bred back to one parent species/subspecies enough consecutive times, the crossing influence will disappear. Granted this will take a good deal of time, but it's true.

I'm not advocating selling mixed lineage snakes as purebred snakes, but if I had a corn that was 6.25% emory and amelanistic I couldn't very well call it a creamsicle. It wouldn't look anything like one. At that point, I still think a buyer should be made aware that it does have emory influence even though it is somewhat inconsequential at that point. My point is, if I had a line of snakes that I knew had some creamsicle ancestor numerous generations back, there would be a point where it's just foolish to continue referring to it as a hybrid. I'm not going to keep this disagreement going, because we both have different opinions on the matter and neither of us is likely to change them. It's just my personal opinion that we sometimes forget the natural course of things looking at snakes from a strictly captive perspective. A normal looking keys corn could have a glades rat ancestor and we wouldn't know it. Things just aren't as clear cut as we would like them to be sometimes.

That Amelanistic has to be one of the best I've seen. The colors are really solid and clean. Amazing...truely amazing :)

Back