• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Android App

DrGraeme

Chiropractor
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know of a decent tracking/monitoring app for an android device?
I've seen a couple advertised for iPhone etc but not for android.
My problem is that I only have land based internet access at work at the moment so have wait till after the fact and write everything down anyway to track my animals on Iherp. It would be a lot easier on my phone.

Hope someone has an idea.

Cheers.:bird:

Seriously? I did not notice it is not for free.... I'm not gonna have a try for that money!

I'll do a bit more research on it to see if it might actually be worth it, but given the labels you can make, clutch registry, feeding cards for sales, this that and the other, it might be worth it.

I wish they sold those racks in the US, though! They look amazing!

EDIT: Oh wait... they do... Do I REALLY need to eat this next year?

$24.99- that's pricey! There's a lite version for 99 cents, though.

What "makes" the QR code? When you enter data for a new snake, that is assigned a code??

I think one can assign a code to a snake, print all of them and scan them before entering a feeding, so it is asssigned to that snake.

I caved and bought the lite version. When you register a new snake, it makes a unique QR code. You can then attach that code to your snake's enclosure, and scan it, and make an entry. I'm going to see how far I can stretch the lite version before considering the full paid one.

I wonder how it handles clutches. Would be cool if you input the parents and it generated IDs for X number of hatchlings.

It would be cool if ACR did that without human input on their end! It would sure speed things up!!

I wonder how it handles clutches. Would be cool if you input the parents and it generated IDs for X number of hatchlings.

I'm working on that right now, actually. I just put in my clutch, but I'm also going to do a test clutch to see how it handles that.

EDIT: COOL!!!!!!!! It totally makes individual labels for each baby after hatching!

Quick question... Nanci, where did you find the 'lite' version? I seem to only be able to download the full version.

Well- Robbie and I have iphones...Maybe there isn't a lite version for Android? Did you look at the website? I just went to the app store and searched Reptile Scan and it found both versions.

Aah, yes I'm on a Samsung GalaxyII, I guess the android Playstore doesn't have that version (hopefully yet). will keep looking out for it though.

Thats a real pity. This is the problem I keep having, easy on iPhone, not so much for Android.

Try having a Windows Phone! I love this phone and the apps are only now starting to pick up. Maybe soon they will have a tracking app.

Back