• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery A or B??

batmand

Hi.. Im not sure if this anery is a or b, how can I see the difference??
CIMG0870.jpg

batmand said:
Hi.. Im not sure if this anery is a or b, how can I see the difference??
CIMG0870.jpg

Anery "A"
What i was taught (correct me if im wrong please)

The difference between Anery "A" & an Anery "B" is the yellow markings along the dorsal sides of the snake
Anery "B",as (AFAIK) can develope the yellow dorsals,but its not as defined as the Anery "A" critters.

Nice Critter! :cool: :wavey:

The yellow indicator isn't a good way of telling an anery snake from a charcoal one. There are some anery snakes with no yellow and some charcoal ones with yellow. The only way to know for sure is to do test breedings to find out.

~Katie

gnarhimself said:
The difference between Anery "A" & an Anery "B" is the yellow markings along the dorsal sides of the snake
Anery "B",as (AFAIK) can develope the yellow dorsals,but its not as defined as the Anery "A" critters.
The key difference is that an anery A is homozygous for the anery mutant at the anery locus, and a charcoal is homozygous for the charcoal mutant at the charcoal locus.

I have seen some comments stating that if the amount of yellow changes on a snake as it grows, the snake can start out as type A and become type B, or vice versa. It's important to note that anery and charcoal are two different and independent genes, and that the genotype of a snake does not change over its lifetime. :)

For a long time, the amount of yellow was used as an indicator. But both lines have been so heavily outcrossed in all directions that the amount of yellow is no longer a good way to tell which "type" the snake is. If you can't tell by visual identification then breeding trials are necessary. (Visual ID is generally possible if you've seen enough of them, and the key lies in the quality of the ground and saddle colors, not the amount of yellow.)

If you bought an Anery (which is the usual name for an Anery A), then you probably have an Anery, not a Charcoal (Anery B). It looks like a nice Anery Motley, so there is no reason to believe otherwise. I have several anerys, and some don't have any yellow, so far. Nice snake! :cheers:

I think to add to what PtDnsr and Serp have stated . . . about the yellow. I seem to have noticed that the yellow that shows up on the Charcoal's (and Blizzards) is more of a light, pastel lemony/canary yellow, while the yellow that shows up on the Anery's is more of a deep, 'thick', mustardy yellow.

I'd have to agree that it looks like a pretty nice Anery Motley.

D80

Back