• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery Hurricane (~6 months)

Colin

Hey guys, its been a while and I know you all love pics. I haven't put up pics of her since my introduction post.

I know i'm gonna get verbally spanked for this... but I haven't named her yet! Nothing I can think up has stuck yet! Its a work in progress, what can I say!

DSCF0066.jpg

I also broke my 1 critter limit and got a couple of Degus. They're interesting critters but the two that I have need a little training in the Human Interaction department, they weren't handled so much.

I figure they've got a month or two to start liking me before I find them another home with someone who has more experience and patience with Degus to train them properly. Maybe i'll get a King Snake after that!

"verbally spanked" - Now thats the first time I have LOL'ed all day.

Beautiful girl. I like the name Blackheart for her.

Oh we used to have degus! They got absolutely, stupidly tame, because my boys bribed them with tiny pieces of biscuit.

Thanks Rich!

Blackheart huh? I'll mull that one over! Thats so far above the suggestions my brother keeps giving me! (Toes or Scaly) I can't wait till shes a bit bigger and finally realizes i'm not a threat to her, she always coils for a strike before I pick her up! She hasn't bit me yet though! I hope it stays that way!

I'm in the process of finding the Degus' favorite treat right now, you have to avoid sugar like the plague with these guys cause they are extremely susceptible to diabetes (no insulin so they can't process sugars). I think they might have been exposed to sugar before I got them since they won't even take hazelnuts, tomatoes or lettuce for a treat!

I knew about the diet problems, and so did my boys, I really do mean tinybits of biscuit. We also found 'degu calls' on a website to play to them, which made them wildly excited

Blackheart strikes me as evvviiillll

all of my snakes got goofy names besides one...

Shnitzel, mask, icecream cone, phoenix, pepsi, coke, chess. Due to colors and stuff... most of'em sound more amusing in Hebrew...

This corn is just too adorable to carry such a title IMHO.

If something pops to my head I'll throw a suggestion later :crazy02:

SHe is beautiful :) I too have a problem naming my snakes. The names have to fit perfectly and that takes time so only like a 1/4 of mine have names lol..

Even if she does bite you, it's not going to feel like anything. By the time she's large enough to actually hurt you I'm sure she'll be puppy dog tame.

Don't worry about not being able to decide on a name yet. I hate to name a snake unless the name really falls into place. If I can't look at the snake and picture the name and feel good about it, it's not happening.

It'll come! If that was my snake I'd probably name her Astrid. I was very close to naming one of my snakes Astrid, but once she was here the name just didn't fit. I figured a grey snake would be a better Astrid because the name is kinda close to "astroid".

lol, I'm hopeless as you can tell. Good luck!

Back