• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery Hurricane Mot & Amel Mot - Future Breeding Pair

sweet~nichole~marie

Tallulah's Mama
Most of my snakes are '09, so I am feeling a little left out of all the breeding excitement this year :)

I love all the pippie posts and can't wait to have my own! I thought to pass the time I would plan out my breedings for the future and take updated pics.

This is one breeding I will hopefully be able to do next year. Seren, the female amel mot het caramel, is just 300g this year. Maelog, the anery hurricane mot het amel caramel, is just about 100g so if he eats well and grows like he has been, I am hoping he will be ready for next year.

Seren is from Jen@ghosthouse corns. I fell in love with here at the expo when I saw her, and when Jen posted her for sale on the forum, I knew it was time to get her :)

Maelog is from Adie (Silvergrin) who hasn't been on much lately (probably busy with finishing up school). He was my first purchase after joining the forum last year. He holds a special place in my heart since he is the first anery that I bought after losing my anery mot, Ymir, years ago. We didn't know he was going to be a hurricane initially, so I was very excited to see that develop over time. I am hoping he will pass that trait on to some of his offspring.

Up first, is Seren. I love the fact she has no white on her and has such bright oranges and yellow. She is getting ready to shed in the first pic, so she is actually even brighter than she looks!

Seren6-12-102.jpg

This pic doesn't show her body as well, but the colors are more accurate (she is probably only 200-250g in this pic)

Seren1-102.jpg

And this is Maelog, her future boyfriend.

Maelog6-11-105.jpg

I just love how pale the yellow is along his side. I think it is so soft and pretty looking :)

Maelog6-11-104.jpg

And just one more for fun.

Maelog6-11-10.jpg

So, I should end up with amel mots, caramel mots, and butter mots from this pairing. I want to keep back a female butter mot het anery with a nice hurricane (I hope) pattern and intense yellow color. I plan to breed her back to Maelog to work on getting some really nice, consistent 'hurricaning'.

Hope you like them as much as I do!:wavey:

They're very pretty! I have a soft spot for Anery as my first snake was one. He's gorgeous, I agree with you about the yellow for sure! I'll be sending you "grow" vibes for him, can't wait to see those babies! ;)

I've had small males breed successfully, you might be able to try them this year. But good luck with them when you do breed.

I've had small males breed successfully, you might be able to try them this year. But good luck with them when you do breed.

Really? As small as he is? Interesting . . . Seren is about to shed, I guess I could put them together and see if he is interested. Is there any chance he could get hurt being this small (thinking of Susan's male with the prolapsed hemipene). If the size/age thing is just because males this young just aren't sexually mature yet then I would try it, but if there is even the slightest possibility of him getting hurt, then I don't want to risk it.

Thanks, Irish Eyes! I couldn't resist her when I saw her. I am actually not that big of a fan of amels, I don't like the way the white borders look. So Seren is my perfect version of an amel. I also love the orange and yellow combo. Different from the normal reds you see. I suppose that might be the het caramel influence?

Eeee, omg! Maelog looks stunning! I know the dark pattern was pretty but this hurricane pattern is amazing. Seren's a lucky girl ;)

Can't wait to see how that pair turns out!

(and yeah I haven't been on much because ZOMG school and... hanging out on cornsnakes.com makes me want to buy more cornsnakes XD Right now I'm trying to sit back and just enjoy the ones I got)

Really? As small as he is? Interesting . . . Seren is about to shed, I guess I could put them together and see if he is interested. Is there any chance he could get hurt being this small (thinking of Susan's male with the prolapsed hemipene). If the size/age thing is just because males this young just aren't sexually mature yet then I would try it, but if there is even the slightest possibility of him getting hurt, then I don't want to risk it.

Thanks, Irish Eyes! I couldn't resist her when I saw her. I am actually not that big of a fan of amels, I don't like the way the white borders look. So Seren is my perfect version of an amel. I also love the orange and yellow combo. Different from the normal reds you see. I suppose that might be the het caramel influence?

Oh also! I don't think there's anything bad that can happen from breeding a male young (that won't happen anyway when he's older)
... I did have one male prolapse a hemipene, but he was pretty big. I think he just had some congenital issues :( If you're worried you can always keep an eye on them when they're together... just a few dates should do the trick ;)

I absolutely love how Maelog turned out. His pattern is incredible, and I am totally fine that he lightened up ~LOL~ Even my stepdad (who HATES snakes) said he was pretty!

I am going to try it AND definitely keep an eye on them. Mainly because Seren is 3X Maelog's size and I don't want her pulling a "Praying Mantis" on him :0 Does that ever happen? I did put them together the other day to introduce them. A little tongue flicking, but mostly ignored each other . . . Sere just didn't smell good yet, I guess (and hopefully it is not because he is so young his hormones haven't kicked in yet!)

I am still waiting for Seren to shed. It is killing me. I know she is ready, her scales are all rough and muted, and I keep checking her 5 times a day ~LOL~ But she is taking her own sweet time. I really think they will make some beautiful babies - hopefully amels with Seren's coloring and all the mots with Maelog's hurricane pattern ~grins~ And a beautiful butter hurricane motley as a keeper!

They're lovely! Planning for the future can be more fun than living the present. I hope you get all the beautiful pippies you're hoping for.

They're lovely! Planning for the future can be more fun than living the present. I hope you get all the beautiful pippies you're hoping for.

Thank you! Since most of my snakes are 09's, right now it is the only way I can make it through everyone else's pipping. I sigh a lot, then go back and shuffle my males and females around, figuring out potential pairs ~LOL~ I know, pretty pathetic :crazy02:

I did try to put them together after Seren shed (finally) but he was just not that interested in her. I think he is just too immature. I let my snow male (who is an 07) smell her and he was interested, so I know it is not Seren ~LOL~

Hopefully he will take more interest next year!

I love Seren's colouring. I think the hurricane motley pattern looks the best on aneries and Maelog's definitely a stunner. Good luck on your future pairing of these two.

Back