• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery Lavender

Kat

I'm talkin' to YOU.
Gotta love how this yearling is turning out. His "sister" is just like him.
-Kat

Attachments

• anerylav.jpg
    anerylav.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 222
beautiful~! Sister huh, i dont think you need both of them, ohhh and i happen to have an open tank ;)

So Pretty!!!!

I have added a lavender anery to my wishlist a couple of weeks ago, when I saw some pics over here.
But I never have seen them here in the netherlands, maybe next year!

Lav Motley Homo Anery maybe?

WOW, he is nice! Here is my very first Lav Motley that I produced. He was a result of some Hets for Snow Lav Motley that I made. I have always suspected that he was homo for Anery and now that I see your guy, they sure do look similar.

Just curious, but how do you know he is an Anery Lav? Mine is only poss homo Anery, but sure looks the part.

Attachments

• DSC_0006rs.JPG
    DSC_0006rs.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0009rs.JPG
    DSC_0009rs.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 155
...that's what I bought him as? :) I'm assuming Rich Z bred anerys het lavender to get these... or to get the parents...

That's why "sister" is in quotes. I have no idea if the two I have are siblings or not... they look similar enough to be, but could be relatively unrelated as well.

I'd wager you're correct on your guess as to the lav mot being homo anery as well. He does look it.

Give me a couple years... I have some anerys het lav mot that I'm raising up to try and produce anery lav mots with. ;) We can check back then and compare notes. With luck the offspring will be as pretty as your guy.
-Kat

You know... I think -THESE- guys are more deserving of the name 'mocha'... or maybe cappachino. Or Latte Lavender... ;)

-Kat

ecreipeoj said:
WOW, he is nice! Here is my very first Lav Motley that I produced. He was a result of some Hets for Snow Lav Motley that I made. I have always suspected that he was homo for Anery and now that I see your guy, they sure do look similar.

Just curious, but how do you know he is an Anery Lav? Mine is only poss homo Anery, but sure looks the part.
Dude!!! :bang: How much do you want for that snake?!?! :D

Kat said:
You know... I think -THESE- guys are more deserving of the name 'mocha'... or maybe cappachino. Or Latte Lavender... ;)
Or Vente Half-Caff Lavachino....with a twist. :grin01:

Or Bob. Regardless, it's a beautiful specimen. :cheers:

regards,
jazz

Serpwidgets said:
Dude!!! :bang: How much do you want for that snake?!?! :D
I have got to prove him out first, but you will have first refusal. A trade would be better for both of us. It is odd how you never really think about curtain combos and then you hear things like Lav mask Anery, but there does seem to be a slight difference. This guy sure is missing something. Pink comes to mind, but Anery doesn’t take that away. A Hypo Anery Lav, or Sunkissed Anery Lav might prove to bring out the added genes effects.

He would make a nice mate for a Lava Lav het Anery, or even an Ice Lavender. It would be cool to be able to use that name for what it really means, just like Ice Ghost. True Ice Ghost are a possibility someday.

I really don't agree that Lavender masks Anery. It seems to me the two combine for a different look. My Anery Lav is very different from any other Lav I've seen. I can't wait to see them mixed with Hypo, they are already so super light.

carol said:
I really don't agree that Lavender masks Anery. It seems to me the two combine for a different look. My Anery Lav is very different from any other Lav I've seen. I can't wait to see them mixed with Hypo, they are already so super light.

But by definition, it is dominant.

There's no intermediate phenotype that is produced by breeding anery x lavender, so they're not codominant. And when you breed anerys het lav together you get phenotypic lavenders out of the clutch....so while the look might be different, everything we've seen suggests that lavender is dominant over anery.

And I agree---the look IS different, but they're still lavenders and not anerys.

Last edited:
carol said:

Well, trust me on this one, it is really not a good idea to make broad assumptions based on a single animal you have, or even just a few. I have produced a lot of these Anery/Lavenders the last few years and there are some that you would have a serious tough time telling them from regular Lavenders. Of course, there is always the possibility that some of the lighter Lavenders we have seen over the years may in fact BE Anery/Lavenders. We certainly can't rule that out at all. But as babies, it is not quite so easy at all to draw that dividing line between Lavender and Anery/Lavender.

And for the record, yes, ALL of my original stock of everything I labeled as "Anery/Lavender" came from Anerythristics that were het for Lavender, so there would be NO mistake in what they actually are. Of course, now I am getting them from breeding Anery/Lavenders directly together.

I am currently growing up a bunch of Anerythristic Motleys het for Lavender, since I felt Anery/Lavender Motleys may be rather interesting looking. Joe's example certainly looks like it could fit that bill well enough.

....so while the look might be different, everything we've seen suggests that anery is dominant over lavender.

I think you've got what you're trying to say backwards, and I disagree either way ;). While it's true that Anery Lavs tend to look more towards the lav side of things (and some can pass for lavs, according to Rich), that's not what dominance means. One gene does not override the other in this case. It's like saying that Anery is dominant to Hypo... doesn't quite work. ;)

-Kat

Kat said:
I think you've got what you're trying to say backwards, and I disagree either way ;). While it's true that Anery Lavs tend to look more towards the lav side of things (and some can pass for lavs, according to Rich), that's not what dominance means. One gene does not override the other in this case. It's like saying that Anery is dominant to Hypo... doesn't quite work. ;)

-Kat

Yeah, I had it backwards. When a snake is homo for both anery and lavender, what does the snake look like? I haven't seen a picture of a proven double homo anery/lavender that looks like a regular anery. Until then, I'm saying lavender overrides anery---maybe I'll be wrong, but that's okay.

As Kat mentioned, dominant/codominant/recessive are relationships between alleles. Anery and lavender are not alleles to each other, so they cannot have any of those relationships. The term for that is epistasis (epi=over, stasis or static=staying the same... one "halts" the other) or like we tend to say around here, masking.

(http://webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=epistasis) :santa:

Back