• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery (type a)...good deal?

vagabond407

Just sold a couple of babies and the guy asked if I'd be interested in an adult pair he had that he was no longer interested in. (Duh!) Well the pair he was talking about turned out to be a beautiful pair of anery....Score! He bought a couple of my extra males from a May hatched clutch, then came back bout an hour later and GAVE me these. (Pics in a bit)

Mark

Do you REALLY want 2 anerys? They are gonna cost you (much) money so it would be a shame if you aren't really in to anerys. Just because it's free doesn't mean you should take them.
On the other side, if you want them this is definitely a score!
Either way good luck!

Yes indeed I wanted them, wasn't expecting them to be free. I have two different lacalities that I work with that I have not introduced any CB morphs into yet. I have produced anery with the collier county group though. My son keeps a fem opal and my daughter a butter, so these are a nice fit!

Mark

pics

Pic of his eye. A pic to show the difference between the two? He is the darker one.

Mark

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 48
  • comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 48
  • male.jpg
    male.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 49
  • female.jpg
    female.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 49
Do you have any history for them, especially if you're planning to use them in breeding programmes?

- Are both the male and female proven? i.e. Matings which have resulted in fertile eggs.
- How old is the female? If she's 8 or over, then she's past her peak as a breeder.

"Free" is only a good deal if you get what you want. If either/both are infertile or the female is past her prime, then they could just turn out to be food-consuming financial drains.

Yes, they came from a dentist who I know. Two and a half years old, unrelated pair.

I may add, since some replies are seeming that I do not have any experience.
I am a graduate of Purdue 89 to 95. With two masters degrees. Went to be a vet, then changed to biology and natural history. Published in jounals for natural history as well as have had some of my papers used to teach at Purdue. Was involved in the species survival program through the US Department of the Interior. Worked as a consultant with National zoo, San Diego zoo, John Dohrley, Indianapolis zoo, and a ton others. As well as, having one of the largest private collection of endangered species in the US. Specialized in large carnivors. Mostly cats, boids, and monitor lizzards.

And thanks, TalonaCat. I think they are great snakes.

Mark

"Free" is only a good deal if you get what you want. If either/both are infertile or the female is past her prime, then they could just turn out to be food-consuming financial drains.

Or they could be PETS! :)

Exacly...lol

My daughter can't get enough, she is just like dad. She has been involved with the sea turtle program here for three years, and has a collection of stuff going. Honor student with a hobby!

Mark

Yes, they came from a dentist who I know. Two and a half years old, unrelated pair.

I may add, since some replies are seeming that I do not have any experience.
I am a graduate of Purdue 89 to 95. With two masters degrees. Went to be a vet, then changed to biology and natural history. Published in jounals for natural history as well as have had some of my papers used to teach at Purdue. Was involved in the species survival program through the US Department of the Interior. Worked as a consultant with National zoo, San Diego zoo, John Dohrley, Indianapolis zoo, and a ton others. As well as, having one of the largest private collection of endangered species in the US. Specialized in large carnivors. Mostly cats, boids, and monitor lizzards.

And thanks, TalonaCat. I think they are great snakes.

Mark

jealousss!!!
I didn't want to have the idea i think you're inexperienced, i thought these would make your 5th and 6th snake (take or give a few) so i definitely didn't think you had this much experience. Well knowing this, 2 more or less, who cares? xD

Two and a half years old, unrelated pair.
That's quite early for a female Corn to have been bred. Are you happy there were no complications? What sort of clutch size did she produce (presumably it will have been her first)?

No, they have not been bred yet. Do have the weight to be ready by spring? Not sure I will breed them unless I do add something to them? Either way it is just something that will prove out. The female of this pair may be ultra, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks,
Mark

So in answer to my original question, they aren't proven breeders. However, it certainly doesn't sound like you have any grounds for concern about their potential.

The size and condition of the female are really the key. For a first-time breeder I'd advise the "3 Guide" for her - 300g, 3 years old, 3 feet long. However, there's wiggle room within those guidelines for folks with more experience like yourself. You also need to factor in her muscle tone - 280g of solid muscle will probably be a better state for her than 300g of untoned flab.

Ultra would definitely be a nice bonus!

Back