• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery with NO yellow

Elaphe_Mo

Just wondering how common it is to have an adult anery with no yellow. I know they're out there, but mine is one of the only ones I've seen. This is Tristan:

Attachments

• tristan 1.jpg
    tristan 1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 120
I haven't seen any

I don't think I have seen any.
Beautiful.
I hope mine stays "yellowless".
Don't get me wrong, I love yellow in corn snakes but there are some that look better without the yellow.
Like Anerys.
9600legolas17.jpg

I used to get them quite often. And the project they came from was one you would not expect these to come from.

Years ago I had in mind a project to produce pure yellow corns with black blotches on them. So I bred Butter/Caramel into my 'A' Anerythristics, figuring this would be a logical start. To make a long story short, the project was a dismal failure. And the failure was because the 'A' Anerythristics coming out of the later generations lacked all traces of yellow on the sides of the head and neck. I have since gotten rid of just about all of those animals, so I am sure they are popping up here and there in other peoples' collections by now.

Of course, this brings all kinds of odd questions to mind about what the Caramel gene is actually doing......

Greetings,

I had an opportunity to see both the mother father of our little Anery and one of them had no yellow at all while the other (female I think) had some yellow on her belly. Both of them were stone washed brown in appearance.

Cheers,
Jason

It's funny...I absolutely love some of the really yellow corns like ambers and butters, but when it crops up on an anery or a snow I just don't like it. It is pretty amazing that yellow-free anerys popped up from caramel lines. Just another fun genetic question-mark. I'm not sure what this old guy might be carrying around in his genes other than the fact that he's not het amel. All in all I am just happy that he's a handsome fella!

Back