• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery?

snakehobbyist

I bought this boy last August as an Anery Motley het amel. However, as he started growing, I started noticing some color changes that I didn't think Anery's had. Here are some progression pictures. Is this just a normal variation?

This is when I first got him. I know, they are horrible pictures but it's all I had at the time. He was about 12g in this picture.

sbk0.jpg

Here is Travis when he was about 50g. You can see there's a lot of salmon coloring to his neck.

7tdx.jpg

And here are some pictures that I took today. He's over a year old and is 195g. The pairing was an Anery x Snow or Coral Snow (the breeder couldn't remember which mom he came from). I don't remember who had the motley...but there's no question that he's a motley.

1187300_301268580014580_1646602239_n.jpg

1238712_301268573347914_460859314_n.jpg

YEP!! Anery. They often get a peachy, almost pinkish-purple underlay in the right light. And I really like it when they get a good amount of yellow :)

Buzz

How can an Anery be "het" Amel? Aren't those the two opposites?
Very beautiful snake by the way. Love the colors.

A snow is "homo" for anery and amel. They aren't "opposite" as much as they are lacking different pigments.

Thank you everyone. I knew that he was an anery (I wasn't doubting that at all), I was more curious if the peachy color was just a normal variation or if it was another gene at play. Most anerys I've seen don't have that color. Seeing as how he's going to be breeding for me in the spring, I wanted to make sure I have his genetics right.

that is an awesome colored snake!!! Can you post more pics??

I would if he would sit still. He was NOT happy about his photoshoot today.

How can an Anery be "het" Amel? Aren't those the two opposites?
Very beautiful snake by the way. Love the colors.

Anery and Amel are two different genes. Travis expresses the anery gene and he's heterozygous for the amel genes. I plan on pairing him to a snow motley to make more anery motleys and more snow motleys.

Back