• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Animal lover/not

susang

Over the weekend I met the daughter of SIL, a so called animal lover. We went to her house to meet her new rabbit. The rabbit had been found on the side of the road by another family member. It appeared to be a mini-lop. Very cute. The intent was for the rabbit to live in the house loose.It was a male and appeared to be neutered and according to young woman house broken!!!??? Very friendly rabbit, sat on my hubbies shoulder almost the whole time we were there. Young woman allowed her 18 month old daughter to kiss the rabbit on the mouth.
So apparently before we got there she saw a flea on the rabbit, put Frontline on the rabbit and her new puppy and 2 year old dog (a 60# dog). Well the Frontline was for the big dog dose. On Saturday the rabbit had to be euthanized and yesterday the puppy was at the vet with poor prognosis.

This so called animal lover poisoned her pets with the Frontline by not reading the instructions. Not to mention her daughter had Frontline on her hands, face, toys.
:twohammer I am so mad at people who think they know all the solutions and don't read instructions, consult vet. UGH stomping feet.

That is so sad. It wasn't intentional, but a stupid mistake. I am sure she had not intended to hurt them. But it is irking that people don't read directions.

When we had our cat Rumpus, we brought him to the vet for his shots. About 20 minutes after we got home he started to foam at the mouth and stagger. We rushed him to the vet, and they saved him. Seems he had a bad reaction to the shot. He lived a few more years, dying at age 13 from cancer at the end of 2002. When he died it was the only time ever that our marriage was in trouble, we had a hard time getting through it. Best cat in the world....

I know it wasn't intentional and I've had a dog have an allergic reaction to rabies shot. It was the attitude of the owner, "I am an animal lover and I know what to do for them". She said it was a three pack of Frontline when I showed her it was for bigger dogs she said "Oh! well" they wouldn't sell it if would hurt the animals.

I know it wasn't intentional and I've had a dog have an allergic reaction to rabies shot. It was the attitude of the owner, "I am an animal lover and I know what to do for them". She said it was a three pack of Frontline when I showed her it was for bigger dogs she said "Oh! well" they wouldn't sell it if would hurt the animals.

Sadly, she was proven wrong. Hope she learned by it.
I hate know-it-alls.....and of course they would sell it if it would hurt the animals because when the package says 60-85 lb dogs, THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS!!!
Now she knows the difference between a bunny, a puppy and an adult dog.

Sometimes I wish they would make it mandatory to pass an IQ test before you are allowed to have kids... That sucks for the bunny. I hope the puppy will pull through.

Sometimes I wish they would make it mandatory to pass an IQ test before you are allowed to have kids... That sucks for the bunny. I hope the puppy will pull through.

I have met quite a few people that are very smart, yet there parants were dumb as a box of rocks lol.

If people would only read the directions (important part highlighted in bold, very important also marked in red). There is a reason the volume per dose is much less for a cat, and they don't put warnings about not using on certain animals for no reason. But since the product can now be sold over the counter in every pet store for mush less than the veterinarian can sell it, people aren't educated by the staff as to the proper use anymore and you will see things like this more often now.

Compendium of Veterinary Products said:
FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT® for Cats & Kittens (MERIAL LTD.)
MERIAL LTD.
3239 SATELLITE BLVD., DULUTH, GA, 30096
Telephone: 888-637-4251
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information published. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the USA product label or package insert.

FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT® FOR CATS & KITTENS
Merial

FOR CATS & KITTENS 8 weeks or older.

Convenient spot treatment for fast-acting, long-lasting control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT
fipronil 9.7%
INERT INGREDIENTS 90.3%
TOTAL 100.0%

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

CAUTION

FRONTLINE® provides convenient and effective flea, tick and chewing lice control for cats and kittens.
- Fast-acting and long-lasting
- Prevents reinfestation
- Convenient to use
- Kills newly emerged adult fleas before they lay eggs
- Controls fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills all stages of brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks, and deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease)
- Rapidly eliminates infestations with chewing lice
- Can also be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating queens
- Waterproof

FRONTLINE® contains the active ingredient fipronil that effectively targets fleas, ticks and chewing lice. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not allow children to apply product. To prevent harm to you and your pet, read entire label and directions before each use. Follow all directions and precautionary statements carefully. Use on cats only. Do not use on rabbits. Do not use on other animals.

To kill fleas, all stages of brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks, and deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease) and chewing lice, apply to cats and kittens (8 weeks or older) as follows: Remove applicator from child-resistant package. Hold applicator upright and snap applicator tip away from face and body. Place applicator tip through animal's hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades. Squeeze applicator, applying entire contents in a single spot to the animal's skin. Avoid superficial application to the animal's hair. Only one applicator per treatment is needed.

FRONTLINE TOP SPOT FOR CATS can also be used for the treatment and control of flea, tick and chewing lice infestations on breeding, pregnant and lactating queens.

FREQUENCY OF APPLICATION
When used monthly, FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT FOR CATS completely controls both flea, tick and chewing lice infestations. Research demonstrates that FRONTLINE® kills adult fleas for up to six weeks. FRONTLINE® kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. Although FRONTLINE® can control fleas for up to six weeks, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed.

FRONTLINE® remains effective even after bathing, water immersion, or exposure to sunlight. Avoid contact with treated area until dry. Do not reapply FRONTLINE® for 30 days.

STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.

STORAGE. Store unused product in original container only, out of reach of children and animals.

PESTICIDE DISPOSAL. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

CONTAINER DISPOSAL. If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.

FIRST AID
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.

IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.

IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.

IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation persists.

PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION.
Harmful if swallowed. Causes eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.

HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS.
For external use only. Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product. Pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product application. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian immediately. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated, debilitated or aged animals. Call 1-800-660-1842 for 24-hour assistance.

PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
FLAMMABLE: Keep away from heat and open flame.

WARRANTY
Seller makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the use of this product other than indicated on the label. Buyer assumes all risk of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to label instructions.

For animal use only

EPA Reg. No. 65331-2
EPA Est. 65331-FR-2
Merial Limited, 3239 Satellite Blvd., Duluth, GA 30096-4640, USA
MADE IN FRANCE
®FRONTLINE and TOP SPOT are registered trademarks of Merial.
©2004 Merial. All rights reserved.
037 817441
Contains
3 - 0.017 fl oz (0.50 mL) applicators 036 819921
6 - 0.017 fl oz (0.50 mL) applicators 036 819922

NAC No.: 11110162
Copyright 2011 - North American Compendiums

FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT® for Dogs & Puppies (MERIAL LTD.)
MERIAL LTD.
3239 SATELLITE BLVD., DULUTH, GA, 30096
Telephone: 888-637-4251
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information published. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the USA product label or package insert.

FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT® FOR DOGS & PUPPIES
Merial

FOR DOGS & PUPPIES 8 weeks or older

Convenient spot treatment for fast-acting, long-lasting control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT
fipronil 9.7%
INERT INGREDIENTS 90.3%
TOTAL 100.0%

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
CAUTION

FRONTLINE® provides convenient and effective flea, tick and chewing lice control for dogs and puppies.
- Fast acting and long-lasting
- Prevents reinfestation
- Convenient to use
- Kills newly emerged adult fleas before they lay eggs
- Controls fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills all stages of brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star
ticks, and deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease)
- Rapidly eliminates infestations with chewing lice
- Aids in control of sarcoptic mange infestations
- Can also be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches
- Waterproof

FRONTLINE® contains the active ingredient fipronil that effectively targets fleas, ticks and chewing lice. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not allow children to apply product. To prevent harm to you and your pet, read entire label and directions before each use. Follow all directions and precautionary statements carefully. Use on dogs only. Do not use on rabbits. Do not use on other animals.

To kill fleas and all stages of brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks, and deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease) and chewing lice, apply to dogs and puppies (8 weeks or older) as follows: Remove applicator from child-resistant package. Hold applicator upright and snap applicator tip away from face and body. Place applicator tip through animal's hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades. Squeeze applicator, applying entire contents in a single spot to the animal's skin. Avoid superficial application to the animal's hair. Only one applicator per treatment is needed.

FRONTLINE® aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for the elimination of mites.

FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT FOR DOGS can also be used for the treatment and control of flea, tick and chewing lice infestations on breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches.

FREQUENCY OF APPLICATION
When used monthly, FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT FOR DOGS completely controls both flea, tick and chewing lice infestations. Research demonstrates that FRONTLINE® kills adult fleas up to three months. Although FRONTLINE® can control fleas for up to three months, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed. FRONTLINE® kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. A once monthly application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed. FRONTLINE® remains effective even after bathing, water immersion, or exposure to sunlight. Avoid contact with treated area until dry. Do not reapply FRONTLINE® for 30 days.

STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.

Storage. Store unused product in original container only, out of reach of children and animals.

PESTICIDE DISPOSAL. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

CONTAINER DISPOSAL. If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.

FIRST AID
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.

IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.

IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.

IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation persists.

PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION.

Harmful if swallowed. Causes eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.

HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS.
For external use only. Do not use on puppies under 8 weeks of age. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product. Pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product application. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your pet has an unusual reaction to the initial application, consult a veterinarian before repeating treatment. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated, debilitated or aged animals. Call 1-800-660-1842 for 24-hour assistance.

PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS

FLAMMABLE: Keep away from heat and open flame.

HOW SUPPLIED
For easy and convenient treatment, FRONTLINE® TOP SPOT FOR DOGS is available in sizes for small dogs and puppies 8 weeks or older and up to 22 lbs., medium dogs 23-44 lbs., large dogs 45-88 lbs., and extra large dogs 89-132 lbs.

WARRANTY
Seller makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the use of this product other than indicated on the label. Buyer assumes all risk of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to label instructions.

EPA Reg. No. 65331-3
EPA Est. 65331-FR-2
Merial Limited, 3239 Satellite Blvd., Duluth, GA 30096-4640, USA
MADE IN FRANCE
®FRONTLINE and TOP SPOT are registered trademarks of Merial.
©2004 Merial. All rights reserved.
037 817376
up to 22 lbs. Contains 3 - 0.023 fl oz (0.67 mL) applicators 036 819923
Contains 6 - 0.023 fl oz (0.67 mL) applicators 036 819924

23-44 lbs. Contains 3 - 0.045 fl oz (1.34 mL) applicators 036 819925
Contains 6 - 0.045 fl oz (1.34 mL) applicators 036 819926

45-88 lbs. Contains 3 - 0.091 fl oz (2.68 mL) applicators
Contains 6 - 0.091 fl oz (2.68 mL) applicators

89-132 lbs. Contains 3 - 0.136 fl oz (4.02 mL) applicators 036 819929
Contains 6 - 0.136 fl oz (4.02 mL) applicators 036 819930

NAC No.: 11110172
Copyright 2011 - North American Compendiums

Thanks for that info Susan I will pass it on, I know a few people who use Frontline and don't follow the directions.
We don't use Frontline because our cats vomit and spit, our dog breaks out. We have weird animals. We use flea collars and Capstar when necessary, Heart Guard. We vaccinate our pets (except for rabies), we had a farm so we had to and I was a nurse.
Not only did she do the Frontline she vaccinated the puppy that day. When we saw him he was much too calm for a puppy.
This is what upsets me about 'animal lovers' they don't think of vet visits. I am sorry I just find people like this selfish, it's about what they want not what the pet needs.

Wow. That story is so sad.
I have heard the same thing happening from giving Frontline to cats.

I heard of a couple that killed their cat by pouring flea dip solution on it straight. You know, the kind that comes in a tiny bottle that reads on the label "mix with a GALLON of water before using."??!!!!!

Unfortuneately, when you work for a vet, you see all ranges on the scale, people that refuse to take good care of their animal because they know better than the vet and, rarely, people that do everything the vet recommends. I had both yesterday. An older owner who brought his bratty toy in for blood tests just because he was getting older and an owner who was tired of owning their J.R. because it had behavioral problems and needed a serious teeth cleaning and just wanted it put down. ( The vet refused to euthanize a perfectly good dog! )

Devon

Back