• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another caging question!!

connie

My little corn is about 5 months old and currently lives in a 20 gallon critter tank. I plan on purchasing an animal plastics cage for him after the first of the year. Would a cage measuring 48 x 24 x 15 be to big for him if I put ALOT of hides in it? I want to buy what he will spend his lifetime in. Thanks for your advice. connie

20 gl. is plenty big for most corns. I did move my big amel up to a 40 gl. but he's about 4 ft. and moves around a lot. I figured the extra space would work fine.

Get the AP, they are worth it.

Connie, if this is the only snake you plan on keeping or plan on keeping a very small collection, the AP cages are great. I understand what you mean about getting a cage that is too big because it can be stressful on a hatchling to be in such a huge cage but if you put plenty of hides around I think he/she will be fine. I am a true believer in giving my snakes plenty of room to move about. I use the 41qt (approximately 3' x 1 1/2' x 6") sterilite boxes for my corns and black rats. Some of the bigger black rats get the big 90qt sterilites!

As stated above, the secret is HIDES and TEMPERATURE (I'll add water, too).

You could house a hatchling in a 150 gallon tank, and as long as the hides and tempurature kept him feeling safe and secure, and you had several water bowls, he would be fit as a fiddle.

After all, how many 10 gallon aquariums do you see in the wild :) ?

Back