• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another cross x cross question..

eddiehm

Kindergarden Graduate
hello..

im all lost.. can i have future predictions?

1. what do i get when i cross a Male Anery Motley x Female Reverse Okeetee
3086460982_af0171e93d_o.jpg

2. Then an Anery Motley & an Amel Motley
3097605310_081dae2589_b.jpg

3. Then an Amel x Albino Snow
3097605948_b5e291a2f0_b.jpg

ps. Maybe i named the morph wrong.. pls correct me.
Im not breeding them all, my breed is pic 1. 2 & 3 are from another friend. Its our 1st breeding, so we figure we start by breeding 1 pair each. and not breeding madly & be unresponsible.. Thanks all.. ;o)

You should download and use this program Mick's progeny predictor....it has helped me a LOT

I predict your offspring as follows:

Male Anery Motley x Female Reverse Okeetee
100% normal het for amel and anery (together, these make a snow)

Anery Motley & an Amel Motley
100% normal motleys, het for amel and anery (snow)

Amel x Albino Snow (we just use the term Snow)
100% amel, het for anery

Also - I would breed them on newspaper....as the bedding can get stuck to the males hemipenes (as it is in the photo) and actually retract into the body with them, causing problems.

If their are no het., but the odd's are in you favor to have het amel, and/or het. anery. You will only know the het's after you get babies.

1. Normal het Anery A, Amel, & motley

2. Normal Motley het Anery A, Amel

3. Amel het. anery A

albino is the same as Amel. Most people use Amel (amelanistic) instead of albino. So you could just call your snow a snow as a snow it both Amel & Anery in one snake.

You should download and use this program Mick's progeny predictor....it has helped me a LOT

I predict your offspring as follows:

Male Anery Motley x Female Reverse Okeetee
100% normal het for amel and anery (together, these make a snow)

Anery Motley & an Amel Motley
100% normal motleys, het for amel and anery (snow)

Amel x Albino Snow (we just use the term Snow)
100% amel, het for anery

Also - I would breed them on newspaper....as the bedding can get stuck to the males hemipenes (as it is in the photo) and actually retract into the body with them, causing problems.

Actually on second glance....there appear to be three snakes in the second pic...?

thanks for the link.

yeah, they are on newspapers now. i did this on their 2nd date. :bird:

is there somewhere i can refer to on what to do next? i have done 3 breeding attempts. (leave them over night, then in the morning.. remove the male, then at night introduce the male again.. and repeat 3 nights.) now, its almost a week, should i introduce them again. Oh, i just feed those two.

oh, and yes... no wonder i see a different pattern. i have to ask my friend, on the outcome for this pair. :nope:

Hm... I'd have to say my prediction for #2 is 100% anery het motley.. After all, has anyone else noticed that the mystery anery in that pic is the one getting the action, not the amel/classic (whichever it may be) mot?

So.. confused here... LOL!

On a friendly note:
Has anyone ever spoken to you about cohabbing?

Also, the substrate you have them breeding in worries me... and those pieces of substrate stuck to the "boy parts" worries me more... Generally we put our snakes together in a separate container on newspaper or paper towel. That way there is not chance for stray substrate to become impacted into their "private parts". This can cause an infection which will be a nightmare for both you and your snakes.

Not only that, but having a flat substrate like newspaper or paper towel allows you to see "spillage" from mating if it happened to occur when you weren't there. It's like evidence.

So.. confused here... LOL!

On a friendly note:
Has anyone ever spoken to you about cohabbing?

Also, the substrate you have them breeding in worries me... and those pieces of substrate stuck to the "boy parts" worries me more... Generally we put our snakes together in a separate container on newspaper or paper towel. That way there is not chance for stray substrate to become impacted into their "private parts". This can cause an infection which will be a nightmare for both you and your snakes.

Not only that, but having a flat substrate like newspaper or paper towel allows you to see "spillage" from mating if it happened to occur when you weren't there. It's like evidence.

yeah, they are on newspaper after been mention here.

what is cohabbing?

anyway...
the result of this breeding is a success.. more here--> http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80500

Ouch...

Cohabbing is when you allow your snakes to live in the same tank. There are more negatives to this than I can think of, and only one positive.

The ONLY positive to this is to save the keeper (you) space.

The health and well being of the animals that are living together is at a great risk.

Please check out this link.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31192

ohhh.. the baby snakes just hatch, they are about less than 24-hours out of the eggs... They are now in individual plastic containers. as of all my snakes, they are kept individually..

Back