• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another death story...

chand1er0

It's sad to see there have been a few of these in the last couple of weeks. My corn died last Tuesday. I got him at the beginning of October when he was three months old. He was fine for about the first three weeks and then went down hill. He went blue and became very wrinkly and lethargic. I'd been advised it was just a symptom of shedding so it was fine. He ate fine throughout this period about every 5 days without fail. He struggled to shed, despite the temps all being ok and humidty around the 65% mark but needed a helping hand so I used some of the tips on this forum. A couple weeks later he had trouble eating. I gave him a pinkie which he went for straight away and went out for a few hours to come back to see the pinkie was still in his mouth and he was exactly where I'd last seen him. After another couple of hours he spit the pinkie out and refused food the next few times I tried him (following actions in posts here). He occassionally went over to play with it and look like he was guarding it but not attempt to eat it. Throughout all this he was still very wrinkly which I put down to dehydration, although he regularly drank, and was given moss to help him out. He then went blue again and started to shed. He gradually got thinner and thinner and weaker and eventually passed.

Any ideas what may have been wrong? I checked everything in his terrarium and it was all fine. He'd been a problem all along, never particularly active and dehydrated looking, and I was in regular contact with the breeder I got him from who was a great help throughout.

I have no idea what may have been the problem, but can at least tell you that I have had similar hatchlings...seem to do well, drinking and eating like clockwork, that suddenly go wrinkly and end up dying, usually about 2 weeks after I notice the wrinkling.

Back