• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another Morph Puzzle for you. Fun Pics

whippet

Tara
Meet Aurora. She was sold to me from a local herp shop in Summer 09. So she will be two this year. She was sold as a Golddust.
24036_48618_Large_rI1abmR2Xsb7n.jpg

There is her baby picture. She had a funny light head, but I have not seen any golddust babies...so I figured it was probably normal.

Now here she is a year and a half later and I am beginning to wonder if Golddust is not fool's gold. I am including several pictures...then I would like to hear your theories on morph. I am thinking most likely she is a butter. That is just fine by me. Part of me wonders about her being a Sulfer...because of her light head, patternfree sides, and odd belly checkers. However she does have belly checkers...so that seems to through sulfer out the window. I am pretty sure she is not golddust. (there is no visible black anywhere) I am not breeding so it really doesn't MATTER per say...just interested. She was a gift for Lauren and I was looking for a butter at the time. So I won't be dissapointed or anything. Just curious.

Anyway...on to pictures.

Most accurate color is this shot...
Aura013.jpg

The rest are a bit too yellow from the direct sun.
Aura011.jpg

Aura014.jpg

Aura007.jpg

I checked with Ian's Viv and even though there were only a few sulfur pics and many butter pics, I think you have a sulfur. Your snake's eyes look just like the sulfurs'.

I checked with Ian's Viv and even though there were only a few sulfur pics and many butter pics, I think you have a sulfur. Your snake's eyes look just like the sulfurs'.

She has belly checkers, so she can't be a sulphur. But I think she is a gorgeous butter. Nice pastel shades of buttery deliciousness!!

She was a gift for Lauren and I was looking for a butter at the time. So I won't be dissapointed or anything. Just curious.

Should also ad that our local herp guy has absolutely no price difference between morphs. All cornsnakes are $99 ($85 on sale!) no matter what color they are (even normals) and no matter what age they are. He just never changes the price.

Looks like a great butter, most likely from a clutch that produced both butters and golddusts and the breeder was unsure as to which yours was at hatching/labeling (some butters are quite dark and brownish at hatching so it can be confusing).

Thanks everyone! She is lovely...and I really didn't like the look of golddusts honestly...so I am really glad!

Back