• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another New Baby!

Galadriel

Here's the latest addition to my collections of corns.
She is a 3/4 weeks old anery, a real cutie!
Here's some pics of her, and my 6 months old male Ghost, Casper.
My little girl hasn't got a name yet, but I'm working on it! :smash:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 111
Oooo

Another new anery! :) Very pretty, I like the ones with a lot of contrast. Then again, I like the ones that don't have a lot of contrast . . . LOL Your ghost is beautiful too. Congrats!

Cool.

I thought the photo was screwed up a first and that the ghost was some sort of double image shadow of the anery ... lol. :rolleyes:

Great looking anery you have, I love the contrast; they should make some beautiful babies in the future!

Congratulations on your new little one. Just a side note...Are you housing them together or were they just together for the photo?

If they were together for the photo that's not a great idea because any new snake should be under a strict 6 week quarantine -many keepers make it even longer, 6 months is not abnormal from what I hear.

If you are housing them together, the biggest issue is stress for the little one as the small ones can be very intimidated by the big ones. Food refusal, regurge, etc can be undesirable effects.

There's also a very small risk that your ghost could cannibalise the little one. It's not a great risk but it does happen.

I hope you don't feel I'm criticising you too much, I just want to make sure you're aware of the risks so you can make a calculated decision.

Cheers,
Adèle

The ghost and the anery are housed together, with no problems at all.
Of course I am aware of the risks, but they get along just fine.
I would have put her in quarantine, if it wasn't for the fact that I know she is 100% healthy.
In my eyes, no one should get a new snake if they don't know what to do about these issues, and it's not like I just thought; Hey, that one looks nice, lets just throw it in there with Casper and see what happens..!

OK, so you know 100% that your new snake is healthy but are you 100% sure that Caspar might not be carrying any strain of bug that he's big and strong enough to deal with but could harm a youngster that hasn't had time to build up immunity?

I'm not poo-pooing co-housing. Many of my snakes are housed in pairs but their sizes are carefully matched and they're all on the same sized food.

You have to be careful with these things.

By the way.. my little girl has finally got a name! :)
She will be named Heart of Amaris, or just Amy for short :)

Back