• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another newbie

fxdwg

I got a snake mang!
Hello all. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and learning a lot. My boy, who just turned six, has really been wanting a snake. I did not discourage him because I've been wanting one also. I must have planted the seed in him a while back and ever since a trip to the zoo last month, he has been asking nonstop "Dad, when are we getting our snake?".

Today, we bought our first corn (0.1 amel motley) at a reptile show from Tom & Linda. I found Tom (tsthopmpson) on the forums. I brought my brother-in-law to the show and he bought one also. Tom & Linda are both great to deal with. It will be a while (probably two years) before we buy another but it will most likely be from them.

We got home and put her in her new home. She immediately climbed up the driftwood and got up on the rim. I am paranoid about her rubbing on the screen so I helped her find one of her hides and she's been there ever since.

I didn't take any photos yet and we're letting her settle down for a few days before we handle her and feed her. Attached is the photo that Tom took and sent me before the show. He sent me a few and it didn't take very long to make a decision. My son and I both picked the same one.

It seems like every question can be answered by a search of the forums. I'll mostly stay in lurk-mode but wanted to introduce myself.

Mike

Attachments

• New Snake.jpg
    New Snake.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 30
Thanks. That's what I was thinking when I saw the picture. Like I said, it was an easy decision. Tom & Linda were nice enough to hold it for me!

Also, Tom = tsthompson not tsthopmpson as I stated in my first post.

Mike

Welcome! :wavey: I also recently got an amel corn, he has been great! My 6 year old brother has beeen wanting a reptile FOREVER. I hope you have lots of great times with your new corn!

She looks great. You are very lucky.

Welcome to the site. As you already know, there are some great people here.

What part of PA are you from? I am in Monroeville but grow up in Beechview.

I've read through many threads and have done many searches looking for info and yes everyone seems friendly and helpful. I live near Indiana. The last reptile show we attended was about ten years ago at the Palace Inn in Monroeville. I don't think it will be another ten years until our next show.

Back