• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

another one educated !

Yvonne112

Mom of HEI\IDRIX
I wanted to share this story, because when I told my mom that I decided to get myself a snake, she told me that if I did, she'd never step foot in my house again. She was so afraid of snakes. Well, I did get one, and she did visit, but wouldn't go near the snake. Slowly, I would take Hendrix out, but never push her to touch him or hold him. Eventually, she did the one finger touch, and was surprised to find he wasn't at all slimy like she'd imagined. As time went on, I talked alot about him, and she saw how gentle he was with us etc. Well, she was over this weekend, and held him for at least an hour. It was a chore to get him back! LOL....I just had to take a picture, and I'd like to share it with you. A little patience and education goes a long way!!

Attachments

• mom1.JPG
    mom1.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 67
awww that is so cool!
I can't get my mom to hold them but she did actually say they were pretty once. Funny thing is the corn she thought was pretty was one of the more unhandleable ones...

That's so cute! I don't remember my parents having an opinion on snakes one way or the other. They definitely weren't afraid of them, but the snakes probably just blended in the the whole parade of animals I was constantly bringing home. I wish they were alive to see my collection now.

Jen, give her time, maybe she'll still come around one day and actually touch one ! LOL
Nanci....I'm sure they know..they're probably just shaking their heads and saying...yep, that's our Nanci, one pet is never enough! LOL

Jen, give her time, maybe she'll still come around one day and actually touch one ! LOL
Nanci....I'm sure they know..they're probably just shaking their heads and saying...yep, that's our Nanci, one pet is never enough! LOL

Actually owning one is next.... it always happens after you get them to handling them :)

Right on!

It's funny about the slimy thing... I remember when I first touched a snake in 1st grade, one of those giant ones at a school "animal visitation/education" shindig. I had been told they weren't slimy, knew that no one had any reason to lie about such a thing, but somehow in my gut was convinced they *had* to be slimy. I mean, they look so glossy, amirite? ;D I touched it and was like "wow, really not slimy!" (even so, it was hard to wrap my head around it!)

Now I can't imagine a slimy snake! Hee!

Your mother-in-law held you for at least an hour?

:sidestep:

regards,
jazz

:roflmao:

My mother says she cant even stand to look at snakes... so I'm warming her up to them slowly... little does she know they are coming home for Christmas break... :crazy02:

LOL

I am trying to get my sis-in-law over her fear of snakes. She has had a lot of bad experiences with them so I can't blame her. She found one in her underwear drawer, in her car while driving, and under her desk at work. I am going to my parents for the holidays and since my hatchling's cage is small and portable he is coming with me.

LOL

I am trying to get my sis-in-law over her fear of snakes. She has had a lot of bad experiences with them so I can't blame her. She found one in her underwear drawer, in her car while driving, and under her desk at work. I am going to my parents for the holidays and since my hatchling's cage is small and portable he is coming with me.

Now wait a minute. She just happened to find snakes in her underware, car, and office. Naaa. Somebody is planting them on her. Now I wonder who that might be.

Back