• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another Serpentine "Rite of Passage"

Taybeh Chaser

I thought of it as a rite of passage the first time my lovely Zanjibil shed with me. I was happy he shed so well because it meant he was healthy and growing. He's shed once more since, and really seems to be getting bigger. He's getting so strong, in fact, that yesterday saw what I think of as another kind of snake-keeping rite of passage--my little guy's first (hopefully only) escape!

I think he managed to nudge open the lid on his cage, despite the books I keep piled on it, so now I've stacked a small library up there to prevent him going on the lam again. I tore my room apart looking for my boy, and finally found him curled up inside an old shopping bag full of tube tops I bought last year because I mistook them for skirts (not very fashion-savvy). I'm relieved I found him so soon, since it's getting cold. And I was only 20 minutes late for work!

One thing I wonder about: I hadn't fed him on his usual schedule this week. I was about a day and a half late. Work has been extra intense lately (part of the reason I have been scarce). I did not think waiting a little would matter. I found he was gone when I woke up early to get him fed, because I didn't want to wait any longer. Do you guys think he may have decided to go "hunting" among the dust bunnies and old shoes because manna did not appear from the sky as regularly scheduled? Otherwise, it would seem pretty silly for him to want to leave the comfortable home where his heat mat and water dish are.

I'm glad you got him back okay!!

I'm happy to see you posting. I have been wondering how you were lately, considering the fighting going on over there. I hope it's nowhere near you. That has to be very unsettling.

Love happy endings glad you recovered your little one. They are clever escape artist I had 4 clips and books on each end of a 20L and had one get out I'm amazed she was strong enough to push that much weight up hanging on a thermostat wire. She is only 3 mos old. yesterday was feeding time and for the first time she refused it. I hope she didn't hurt herself getting out would have been a great deal of weight on her body squeezing between the tank lip and lid.

I had a long hard discussion with snickers about escaping and the cat. I sternly suggested that he not attempt. So far he seems satisfied and living in he viv.

Back