• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another Shedding Problem??

WAS1

About a month ago 1 of my females had 2 terrible sheds, the cycle lasting 3-4 weeks. This time she shed fine.
But now a male is experiencing the same problem.
He hasn`t eaten for about a month, went thru "blue eye" and has been clear for over a week.
I can see half his skin is loose, but he can`t seem to shed. I`ve put him in a box of damp spagnum. Increased humidity in his enclosure, but he just sits, with his mouth open.
I`m assuming this is because his loose skin is impairing his breathing??
He`s never had a problem shed before.
Anyone any ideas???

WAS1 said:
but he just sits, with his mouth open.
I`m assuming this is because his loose skin is impairing his breathing??

Open mouth breathing can be from respiratory problems. Any loud breathing? Bubbling from the nose/mouth? Coughing?

What are the conditions of the tank (heat, substrate, etc)?

There is a noise when he breathes, but I think its his loose skin,
The substrate is wood chip, and room temps are around 70, with a heat mat.
Nothings changed.
Beats me.

Back