• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Any Guess as to what type of corn this is?

tommyhuck

I really don't know. Was told it was an albino. I'm guessing Anery? But it's green and black. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• DSC02527.JPG
    DSC02527.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 196
I am sorry but I realy don't think your corn is a corn, looks more on the rat snake line. Pretty snake either way.

looks a bit like a yellow rat snake..

I'm not so sure on that.

555644_10151752595632841_643886724_n.jpg

A VERY young yellow rat will look like that; this, however, looks more like a grey rat.

I'd always called them rat snakes as well but I keep getting told its the same thing. Can someone clarify the difference

Rat Snakes are the group, but Corn Snakes are the species.

I think of it along the lines of:

A cod is a fish, but not all fish are cod.

So:
A Corn Snake is a Rat Snake, but not all Rat Snakes are Corn Snakes.

I really need the basic stuff I'm afraid...

Looks like a grey rat snake from the photo provided.

Also not sure who told you it was albino, they were waaaaaay off base.

Well, no word from the guy concerning my question. But my opinion is that this is NOT a corn snake at all. Sort of looks like the "greenish" rat snakes from the Carolinas, but being as he lives in Houston, if he's catching these things locally, then we know what kind of rat snake it is then...

Like I tell people, all cactus are succulents, but not all succulents are cactus. There are succulent orchids, lillies, pepperomias, begonias, etc.

Same thing with Rat Snakes.

I have rat snakes as well as corns. And this def looks like a rat snake to me. Not only the coloring but the head shape as well. Pretty either way. How is its temperament? Mine are all nasty.

Sorry everyone, my question was misleading. This guy was given to me not very long ago by a friend who was moving away. He had absolutely no idea what it was and I also was stumped because it doesn't quite look like either one. He isn't as long as a typical rat snake either at just over 4'.

I'm not a hundred percent sure if he was wild caught or captive. I am the third owner. His temperment is awesome and he is always climbing about.

Sorry for not answering sooner. Been away for the weekend on business and was out of internet reach. Pipeline and all.

And I will post better pictures of him tonight.

In all reality this is one of the best snakes that I've had, very docile. Not head shy at all. It may be because of how he was raised. I'm not sure. Thanks for the help.

Back