• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Any guesses as to what morph??

ladyq1

Often lurking...
This little girl has been at the local petsmart for a while...she seems very healthy and inquisitive. I'm not sure what morph she is...I'm guessing possibly snow stripe???? 2 cameras were used here, one picked up her pinkish tones really well, but washed out the yellow, the other picked up the yellow well, but washed out the pinks......Either way, the stripes are visible!

Camera 1 - showing the pink tones well...
24964_383578387209_744892209_3686403_2668091_n.jpg

Camera 2 - showing the yellow tones well, nice stripes...
24964_383578397209_744892209_3686404_7584090_n.jpg

Camera 2 - nice yellow tones shot - and her red eyes
24964_383578402209_744892209_3686405_761334_n.jpg

Camera 2 - another good stripe shot
24964_383578412209_744892209_3686406_2614454_n.jpg

She's been at the store for a couple months now...and has maintained her nice, healthy appearance the whole time...its tempting to grab her, but I'm still curious as to what she is. Any ideas?? Thanks!

I would say she is a striped snow corn but where you are playing with the colors it could be an anery for all I know. There is something off about her but I can't put my finger on it. What does her belly look like? Is it checkered?

I haven't gotten to handle her at all, so I haven't seen her belly, but I think its unmarked.

All of those pics are as my camera took them - they've only been cropped, not modified at all. Just 2 different cameras, so their ability to take colors is different, thats why the top picture and the next 3 look a bit different.

Thanks for the opinions so far! Just made me curious as to what she was - and what she might end up looking like! I was guessing snow or something similar, but really hard to know for sure - especially as new to corns as I am! :D

I was trying to take pictures through the side of the tank in the petsmart display tank - so between their lighting, the store lighting, and the glass....the pictures didn't come out great. But they are close to representative of what she looks like. Kinda pale, creamy butter yellow, striped with pale lilac/pinkish coloring, and red eyes. Since its a petsmart snake, all the label says is "Fancy Corn Snake." The one next to her seems to be accurately labeled as a 'red albino' corn, and they have a black rat and a cali king in the next 2...but hers just says "fancy" :p

If I end up getting her I'll probably be able to take some better pictures when I get her in normal lighting and without the tank in the way! :D

And more replies while I typed that, LOL. So she's a king snake then? Or hybrid? Interesting! Not surprising that she's probably mislabeled, especially at a petsmart. Still pretty looking, LOL. Thanks!

Thanks everyone! :D All the replies are awesome, very helpful for me since I'm still learning! Gives me a little more knowledge to add to the pile!

well

if they were keeping it with cornsnakes I bet there werent any or very few corns left in the tank,Cali Kings will eat them heck Cali Kings will eat any snake

Thankfully, our store keeps each snake in its own cage, so it hasn't eaten any other snakes there at least....heh.

As pretty as she is...I think I'm going to hold off and wait for the lavender het anery (and whatever else, lol) that I want to get :D Of course...if she stays there for too long I may have to get her just out of principal, but I'm sure someone will fall in love with her eventually, she's always out and moving around, and with those colors I can't see people resisting forever!

Mmmm, she's a pretty little thing. She'd be a good girlfriend for my sister's Cal King. :)

Back