• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Any handling tips or hints out there?

progressive74

As some of you might be aware i recently aquired a new hatchling (My first) i have only had him for 6 days so far and as i expected he is nipping and tail rattling if my hands go near him(water bowl cleans etc), now i know that they take a while to get used to being handled but i was wondering of the best way to start this and how long to leave it. my worry is that A) i don't handle him enough and he learns that a hiss and a nip will keep me away thus making it a troublesome snake especially if this carries on when he is bigger(they don't even register at the moment) and B) i handle him to much and this over stresses him and causes similar problems,

all and any imput greatfully received

Cheers,

PG74

Don't worry about not handling him enough. Personally, I don't really hold any of my hatchling snakes for like 6 months. We grab them to clean cage, but thats all. When they are older and I start holding them, they tame fast.

Just hold him 3-4 times per week. That will be perfect.

bmm

Back