• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone know this morph?

Squeeit

Hi, I bought my young Corn when he was 5 months, he's now about 6 months, so I haven't had him all that long. When I bought him, the lady at the store said he was a charcoal, even though he didn't look it, so I just waved it off assuming I'd figure out what he actually was. This is him:

photo.php

I've gone through various morphs to compare him to, and so far I have no idea.

:roflmao: You are right that is not a charcoal. It is hard to tell from that picture but is he really that yellow?

He is really that yellow, it's weird. If more/better pictures are needed I'll get some :) This is from when I first got him and couldn't touch him for a week or so. Now I'll be able to get some lovely pictures if he's feeling up for a photo shoot, haha.

I would like to have more pics to make a better prediction but I will say I saw some ghosts at a pet shop that had a good bit of brown in the saddle and that lemon drop yellow running from the noses befor. You might have that.

(Edit) I said Anerys but ment ghosts. Thats what I get for feeding a baby in one hand and typing with the other.

Last edited:
Based on the picture, I would guess your snake is a Caramel. It's possible that it's a yellowish normal, but since it's as small as it is, it wouldn't typically have that much yellow just yet.

If the color is 100% accurate and going by the single photo only, I would call that corn an amber or a golddust. A caramel at 6 months of age would be much darker, and an anery wouldn't have that over-all yellow hue. However, considering the number of photos I've seen on this forum alone, I reserve the right to completely change my guess when other photos are provided as an over-all yellow cast to the photo could make a ghost or hypo look that yellow. I do believe there is some hypo gene involved just by the light color of the iris and the over-all light color to the saddles.

I'm not very good at recognizing morphs and as the general consensus seems to be amber, I will assume that's correct :)

I just wanted to say that when I saw the second set of photos I thought Miami (?)

If there is any obvious characteristics pointing away from Miami I was wondering if someone could point them out so I could try to learn a little more about distinguishing morphs? :) Thanks!

Out of curiosity, why Amber and not Caramel? Is there an eye difference? My Caramel stripe has those same colors and an unbeliveliabley bright yellow stripe to boot.

I'm not very good at recognizing morphs and as the general consensus seems to be amber, I will assume that's correct :)

I just wanted to say that when I saw the second set of photos I thought Miami (?)

If there is any obvious characteristics pointing away from Miami I was wondering if someone could point them out so I could try to learn a little more about distinguishing morphs? :) Thanks!

www.iansvivarium.com is a great resource for learning about corn snake morphs, what makes them, and includes pics etc. i hope it helps you as much as it has me! though im still a bit confused at times haha. about the miami- they have tan or grey body with red, or orange saddles, outlined by black. and a light goldish colored eye. you can find pics of them on iansviv, along with pics of all other morphs minus a few. click "colibridae", then "pantherophis", then "cornsnakes" from the menu on the left to see cornsnake morphs.

Back