• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone know what Manji is?

Dori Edd

When I ordered the corn snake, it was originally going to be amelanistic, my gramps picked it up after selecting what he called 'the most lively' one. Lively cos it tried to bite the breeder when he moved it hehe. :rolleyes:

Thing is, Manji has black on him, and so clearly isnt amel, took a few pics just now, (apolgies for the quality, camera was out of battery so i had to time his movements with the brief time the camera would work for. :grin01:

Anyone able to tell me what morph he is? if not normal :)

thanks guys :D

96543.jpg

96542.jpg

If theyre too dark, say so and ill try and get some more pics tomorrow.

Joejr14 said:
That's a normal, not an amelanistic..
ummmmm Joe Hunny .... I think Dori Edd just said that!
Dori Edd said:
When I ordered the corn snake, it was originally going to be amelanistic, my gramps picked it up after selecting what he called 'the most lively' one. Lively cos it tried to bite the breeder when he moved it hehe. :rolleyes:
Thing is, Manji has black on him, and so clearly isnt amel, took a few pics just now...

I do agree he is a normal, a very nice little normal at that.
however, if he came from a clutch of amels he could easily be het for Amel.
what did his parents look like?
Congrats on your new baby!
:cheers:

Ah, that could be it, i wasnt personally there at the time, but my grandad did get a look at the parents, both were amel I think he said. (well he actually said, they were a pretty orange, but you know, hes not as into it as me :D)

MastersHaven said:
ummmmm Joe Hunny .... I think Dori Edd just said that!

I do agree he is a normal, a very nice little normal at that.
however, if he came from a clutch of amels he could easily be het for Amel.
what did his parents look like?
Congrats on your new baby!
:cheers:

I wasn't saying that he said it was. He said that the breeder/seller said it was, or something along those lines.

Btw---That picture is way, way too big. The limit is 800x800.

though its a blurry pic it seems to have the okeetee look to it making it a fairly normal although beautiful corn..way too dark to be amelanistic imo.

Never mind Joe, he likes to growl at people so they think he's tough! :rolleyes:

That looks like a lovely little normal! It's possible that one parent was an amel but not both as (and I won't go into the genetics for you right now) if you breed an amel to an amel then you can't get a non amel baby.

It might be handy to try to find out as much as you can about the little ones genes now so that if in the future you want to breed you can make some good choices for a partner for him.

I'd say sorry about not getting the amel you wanted...except for that's a really pretty normal you've got there! :) Normals/Okeetees are one of my top favorite morphs.

Yup.

That normal/classic/wild type ... and very nice it is too! :)

I'm curious .... where are you (decidedly Scottish twang in a couple of your posts) and where did you get the snake?

I have found it very common for customers who are new at the hobby (or not really into it like your grandpa) to often take my description of "het for amel" (or anery, hypo, or whatever) and change it to just "amel", etc. They don't really catch the "het" part, or maybe don't quite understand it. When I see them misquote me (usually in an email), I correct them, sometimes several times, so they won't be disappointed later when they understand more and find out it really is not an amel, lav, or whatever, just het. That is quite likely what may have happened when your snake was acquired.

But he sure is pretty anyway!

Nah im not scottish, i live in east anglia, but until 6 I grew up in Romford, near Essex. I tend to say aye a lot as its far more interesting than yes. :cool:

I got the snake from Reptile centre.

Oh yeah, i realised after i posted 2 amels would produce only amels, a brief lapse in GCSE biology. :sidestep:

Thanks for all the comments on Manji, I dont mind at all that hes not amel, still looks super fresh. :crazy02:

Joejr14 said:
Btw---That picture is way, way too big. The limit is 800x800.

who left you as the boss?? you overstep your boundaries sometimes. if rich has a problem with it, he'll take care of it. :twoguns:

Back