• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Aren't Genetics Fun?

backafter30

This is my second year with this pairing. Dad is a Tessera Caramel Motley/Stripe, het amel., mom is a Butter Stripe. So I'm expecting caramels and butters, motleys and stripes, tesseras and not-tesseras. That's what I got last year. This year I got a neat "Motserra", with both patterns showing. Makes you wonder if the two mutations have something in common? I also got an odd variation in tone. I see caramels that look like caramels, then I got one that is comparitively dark. Cute little guy with lots of contrast, almost anery-like, but he has to be caramel. Right? And then I got the tessera stripes, which are kinda hard to ID. So is that a tessera caramel stripe and a tessera butter stripe, or just non-tessera stripes? And, everyone at the first pinky offered! :licklips:

Attachments

• IMG_2436 (2).JPG
    IMG_2436 (2).JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2434 (2).JPG
    IMG_2434 (2).JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2428 (4).JPG
    IMG_2428 (4).JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2426 (2).JPG
    IMG_2426 (2).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2429 (2).JPG
    IMG_2429 (2).JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 90
Aren't Genetics Fun? NO! haha

To many combos blur the line now.....

Congrats! beautiful hatchlings :)

Thanks. They're all for sale. I haven't sexed them yet, and I was hoping some tessera expert would confirm the last two as tessera-stripes. I'm pretty sure, but I don't want to misrepresent them.

The first one is the only one that strikes me as possibly non-tessera. I don't know if I've ever seen a tessera pattern break into clean motley rings, and considering the stripe breaks again at the tail tip I'm inclined to think it's a mostly pinstriped motley.

But yeah, I do think the last two are stripe tessera, though I can't see the caramel's tail tip. If the stripe goes to the tip, it's most likely a tessera.

I think it was meant to look at the new posts tab. I have been struggling to figure out how to post pics so I can get some help identifying some corns. One of my questions is the exact one you have with the third pic. I have a normal tessera stripe that I'm not sure of. Once I learn how to post pics, I'll post mine as well. I hope you find answers.

Thanks to all. I think I found a way to post pics. The following are of what was sold to me as a tessera stripe. The guy said that he wasn't sure when I bought it which is why I'm asking here. One of the pics is when I first got it in July and the other were a month ago.

https://i.imgur.com/W7WW1Q4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zD82x3I.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eJ1495E.jpg

The dorsal gap appears to go all the way to the tail tip, so I believe this is indeed a stripe tessera.

agreed on the last 2 being tessera stripes...

I hit albino stripe tessera, normal stripe tessera, and butter stripe tessera, among other combos, last week. I'm playing catch up having recently returned to town on Tuesday. If I can find/make the time this weekend I'll be posting a boat load of photos.

Also, reference Don's SOTD from Aug 25 or 26 I think. He talks about motley tessera vs stripe tessera vs "vanishing" stripe tessera.

Back