• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Aspen bedding question!

heyymaddiee

Fearful of mites because when I bought my corn she had them. This was a year ago and shes a healthy happy corn. I had to buy aspen from the pet store and being by the reptile section I want to be 100 percent safe. Is there a way to bake the substrate safely just so I have an ease of mind or should I not worry about it. Thanks!

I don't think you should worry about mites coming from new bedding, is there a reason that you are worried now a year later?

It is doubtful that snake mites found there way into the an enclosed aspen bag. They are fairly one directional when on the move so for one to get to the bag the odds are minuscule.
Safer than baking would be to freeze it for a couple of days. Leave the bag outside :)

Thanks guys! I was just worried because when I didint know any better I bought her from the pet store with mites. Ive used paper towels since out of fear and also its easier to see her poop and easy clean up. But i wanted to give her something to play around in it and bought aspen. Im just a hypochondriac and since she had mites from buying from the pet store and the substrate being so close to the other reptiles i wanted to take extra precaution.

Back