• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Aspen?

Kailaa

where do you buy your aspen?
is there a secret place i dont know about because paying $10/week for substrate for only 6 snakes seems a little obsurd
not to mention makes me wonder how the people with 800 snakes do it

How big is your viv?? Maybe your using a lot of it thats why its costing so much??

Here in the UK you can get your aspen from almost any pet shop...
Where i live its £3.25p for a 1KG bag which lasts me about 2 months for 2 hatchlings and a yearling..

$10 a week seems like a very high price to be paying just for some aspen..
I hope find a solution soon :)

A. Devil

Kailaa said:
where do you buy your aspen?
is there a secret place i dont know about because paying $10/week for substrate for only 6 snakes seems a little obsurd
not to mention makes me wonder how the people with 800 snakes do it
Petsmart has locations in Canada so I would guess they'd ship if you don't have one local. I get a 5 cubic ft. squeeze pak for $12.00 US that lasts up to a year for 6 snakes.

Here's a link to their website.:wavey:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441774895

Why would you need to buy aspen every week?! Assuming your snakes don't spill lots of water on the aspen and aren't pooping every day, you'd only need to switch out the aspen every month or so.

I spot clean but only totally clean the vivs out every month or two. I see no reason why you would need to change all the aspen weekly. They don't even poop more than once usually in that time. Most of the people with 800 snakes use paper towel or newspaper as substrate.

sometimes they seem to stink
and they always poo in the corners and it dreis onto the plastic and its gross

Back