• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

At last! I can join the Bite Club

Karoni

Cornaholic
I've been bitten before, but it was a "fear" bite. This is my first, "you must be a mouse!" bite. It took forever to get Mango to stop constricting my hand. My iPod takes crummy pictures, but here's the proof. ;) It was totally my fault, too.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 91
Yes, it does. But I was laughing the whole time. Knowing what to expect from reading the threads on this forum made it a lot easier to handle. I wasn't even nervous...until my hand started turning blue. ;)

I got out my big Florida King for Rich to handle when he was here. Right before I handed her to him though, I thought, hey, you'd better wash your hands! We've been handling corns all morning!! A 1250 gram feeding bite would NOT be pleasant!

Ouch! Mango is only 300-something grams. I can't imagine 1250 grams worth of king snake latched onto me.

My wife had about 800 grams of cali king initiate her into the bite club at a program/show with the local DNR about 3 weeks ago. Thankfully it was after everyone had left and we were looking at one anothers snakes. Shelly said "go wash your hands well and you can hold him. He can be a touch nippy though." Not to be a wuss she washed and took the big fella, 5 minutes later I heard her. "Ummm Steve....... help." Very calm and collected she was standing with this snake wrapped very tight around her left hand. Luckily with about 20 or more herpers in the room, many of who are keepers and handlers of hots. We had her freed in seconds with a dip in a bucket of room temp water. She's still bragging about her little scab on her hand.

Back