• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Auryn - hypo het caramel

Teek

sleeps in a coconut
Howdy, folks! It's been approximately six thousand years since I last posted here, so it's about time for an update, I think—er, that is, if anyone actually remembers me at this point! Otherwise, hi, nice to meet you (again).

These are some photos of my buddy Auryn, who was acquired from the Hanneys late last year. Since then, he's gone from a tiny little dude...

Dec19_scale.jpg

Nov19_towel.jpg

...to the energetic handful of Is it food?? :3 that I know and love today.

18Jun-keeper.jpg

I wish I'd put something on the towel for scale. He's not monstrous or anything, mind, just grown up a little since November.

18Jun-towelclose.jpg

Mmm, mouse in belly. :9

18Jun-towelfat.jpg

He takes big fuzzies/little hoppers now, no problem. Definitely not a picky eater, either—I fed him in broad daylight this afternoon while he was out in his keeper so I could clean up his house. He couldn't have cared less, because fooood.

18Jun-towelsit.jpg

Aaand speaking of Au's house, this is where he lives! That's an aloe and a pothos in there.

18Jun-house.jpg

Now I've just gotta read through like half a year's worth of posts, and I'll be all caught up here... :laugh:

I don't think we know each other, so hi, good to meet you :cheers:

Your snake is gorgeous and I love his tank. I keep meaning to look in to live plants but I'm so nervous and paranoid about what is safe and what isn't. :shrugs:

Hi hi!

Plissken said:
Your snake is gorgeous and I love his tank. I keep meaning to look in to live plants but I'm so nervous and paranoid about what is safe and what isn't. :shrugs:

Yeah, it's a little intimidating trying to find something that won't potentially croak your little guy(s). Things like tillandsia (air plants) and moss are A-OK... moss even starts to grow again if you keep it moist enough, it's pretty neat.

Golden pothos is apparently toxic to (some) animals if ingested, but it doesn't really exude a lot of sap or anything (not like some philodendrons; I would neeeever put a philodendron in a viv, just to be safe). I've been keeping a close eye on the aloe, too, to make sure it's not leaking any of its wondrous goo everywhere.

Au pretty much ignores everything that isn't shaped like a mouse, anyway... :grin01: He'd rather hide behind the pots than actually touch the plants themselves. Climbing = effort. Effort bad.

Yeah, I just like to steer clear of things I'm not 100% sure of (so that's pretty much everything. :grin01: )

Well I joined after you so nice to meet you :D
It's always nice to see the before and after photos. Any idea how much he weighs now?

Corny Noob said:
It's always nice to see the before and after photos. Any idea how much he weighs now?
That's a good question! I think we might have a little scale kicking around downstairs... maybe once his dinner has, er, passed through, I'll see if I can get him to stay still long enough to be weighed.

Thanks, guys! :) I love him to bits, he's really sweet.

Silly little update: I weighed him on a little diet scale my mum had kicking around. :grin01:

The boy weighs about 105 grams, it seems! Little fatty...

Back