• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Autumn Escaped...and found thankfully

Andry

Okay, our very first day of owning Autumn (my daughter's new snake), basically our first snake....I realized the screen top that I purchased was probably not going to hold him in after all the reading of how they can escape enclosures. So, I did buy some clips, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to put them on. So, I was going to go to church last night and on my way I stopped by Petco to see if they had the clips that I saw on this forum were good to use and were Petco brand. Well, they didn't have any. Worried as we were we called my 10 year old who was home with Dad to please check on the snake every few minutes. Of course he probably did once and that's it. So, I went to church and when I got back home, he was gone...out of the tank.

I was almost panicking. I tried to remain calm, but thought, how in the world are we going to find him?!? I was getting ready to move the fridge when my daughter decided to shuffle stuff around that was on the counter beside his tank. She found him under a bowl of leaf litter I am going to use for my dart frog tank. I was soooo relieved!!!

So, I tried extra hard to figure out the clips now, desperate for a solution and I figured out they fit on the ends of the tank instead of the front and back. I do think I need a couple of more to put on each corner but it worked.

Now, QUESTION: Poor guy has still been trying to figure a way out using all his strength trying to open the lid. He was at it all night I imagine even this morning when I left home for work. Is this okay? Will he damage his nose? I'm so worried he's done so much rubbing on it. When will he settle down?

This is his enclosure:
933425426_7ZqwE-M.jpg

Oh, and I added some leaf litter since that was where we found him when he escaped and I figured he liked it to hide under.

COOL tank! That's one lucky little snake :) Looks great.

As for him trying to get out... I would give him a week or so to settle in, Make sure your temperatures are good, cause that can cause them to cruise more, but give him some time to adjust to his new living quarters :)

So glad that it had a happy ending for ya!

I have found that after a snake escapes, for a few days/week they keep trying it ~LOL~ Then they'll give up after they realize it is not going to happen again.

Glad you found her so quickly!

Autumn

I have found that after a snake escapes, for a few days/week they keep trying it ~LOL~ Then they'll give up after they realize it is not going to happen again.

Glad you found her so quickly!

And that's what I figured. That she's been out so she figures she can just do it again. I wish she hadn't gotten out in the first place so that she wouldn't be trying so hard.

Congrats on finding her! Wow! That tank looks great!

I didn't have clips for my tank at first but my snake was too small to push the lid off... however my cat was in kahoots with the snake and was trying to pry the top off so I ended up masking taping it down until I could get clips :p

Back