• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Avalanche with coral-y color

Serpwidgets

First shed was about a week ago.

Attachments

• 2006-38-03 002.jpg
    2006-38-03 002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 2006-38-03 004.jpg
    2006-38-03 004.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 2006-38-03 005.jpg
    2006-38-03 005.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 243
That one is purdy nifty! I also can't wait to see what it will look like down the road. The funny thing is, when I think "avalanche" I think of nothing but white... :eek1:

Is it the Quad-Het clutch with just this one Avalanche?
I wonder if the animal may proof to be AmelBlood in 3 sheds - but I hope it doesn't.

None the less, the pattern is extremely nice.

It may be my monitor, but I would swear that hatchling was a sulfur. The color is identical to alot of the butters I've hatched out. :duck:

Sweet avalanche! Congrats!

This is a clutchmate of the """anery""" so we will see what happens. ;) The only "color" on this one is at the very back end of the head pattern. The spots between the saddles are actually the same pink spots you get on many snows. The grandparents are rosy blood and pink/green snow, so the amount of color in the anerys/snows could just have something to do with that.

Hopefully these will show whatever they're going to show before I decide they go away.

Serpwidgets said:
Diffused Blizzard = Whiteout

Wow, when did that one happen? Computer program, I tell you.

In my best "Balki" voice, "Where do you come up with them!?!"

Blutengel said:
Thanks! Never heared the name whiteout before.... does the blood gene turn the white into pink?
No, I don't believe that the diffusion gene has any effect on the quality of the pigments in anerys or charcoals. (I have never seen any evidence that it "adds" red or produces any within non-erythrin-producing corns.)

Of the avalanches we have hatched in the last couple year, plus the others I've been told about, this is the only one with any coloration that is not completely run-of-the-mill snow color. And again, the line this comes from really makes it non-surprising. I would not expect to get normal-looking snows from this clutch regardless of the genotype at the diffusion locus. :santa:

Carol said:
In my best "Balki" voice, "Where do you come up with them!?!"
Hello, my name is Cow-sin, Lahh-deey, App-lee-tunn!

LOL, VMS has it on their price list. I don't come up with them. I can't think of a single corn morph I've coined a name for. :shrugs:

Serpwidgets said:
LOL, VMS has it on their price list. I don't come up with them. I can't think of a single corn morph I've coined a name for. :shrugs:

Heh, ya I know. I didn't mean "you" personally, I meant "you alls". :)

Although I do remember some Honey talk or something like that.

Back