• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

axminster and forest corns

MERCURY

Herpetologicaly Hooked
i found this today , gorgeous little guys.

I need one now
axminster
axmins1.jpg

axmins2.jpg

forest

Forest10.jpg

Forest2.jpg

what do you think ?

The photos are of low quality and it's difficult to see what they might be. Deffinitly not pure corns though. Some sort of hybrid. Unless they are a pure colubrid that someone mislabeled.

I admittedly don't know a lot about hybids, but there was a guy who posted on here back in the end of november who had a "jungle corn" that looked an awful lot like that "forest corn," if my memory serves me right...

yeah the forest is a king x not sure about the axeminster. that site also has dwarf corns.

MERCURY said:
yeah the forest is a king x not sure about the axeminster. that site also has dwarf corns.

"Dwarf corns"???? What the heck is a "dwarf corn"???? I think someone is confused.

a corn that stays small and lays up to 4 eggs at a time apperently there on the same site

yeah, some british guy breeds them, they're king and rat and corn hybrids or something like that. They are very pretty in their own right but I'd be careful about breeding with them. The Axeminster got its name from Axeminster carpets because it looks something like a carpet python. I'll look up in my records and see who he is so I can post an address for you.

blckkat said:
I hate how they're calling them corns when they're hybrids. It confuses those that don't know better.

I agree with you there. He does have the scientific names for the crosses when you click on the picture, but for people who have no idea what they mean, they may just think it's a new morph of pure corn.

Back