• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Aztec pics?

dara

So I was pretty blown away by Mike's Aztec Okeetee pic. I was wondering a few things:

what's the difference between zig-zag and Aztec?
what other types of Aztecs are there (I found pics of mocha, creamsicle, and okeetee)? (Are there any of the real yellow morphs that are Aztecs?)
and if you have an Aztec pic, could you please share it?

(Even though there are a bunch of questions, figured I'd be best to put this in the photo gallery forum so that pictures get posted in the right place!).

Thanks so much (I think I've found my next snake type!)

Dara

These are '02 females het hypo Lavender.
aztec1

aztec2

Aztec Pics

I love Aztecs too. It's my favorite pattern. Here are some pics I can share.

This is my female Aztec from SerpenCo. Felicity:

nistlera-Felicity3.jpg

This is my male Aztec also from SerpenCo. Phoenix:

nistlera-Phoenix42003.jpg

This is one of their offspring from 03. Squiggles:

nistlera-Squiggles1.jpg

I hope many will share pics :wavey:

Here is my zig zag (or aztec) anery:
Sati-1-17-04a.jpg

I still am unsure about the exact difference between the two...
For example, I would have thought that Alicia's two snakes were different. Felicity looks like what I thought a zig-zag would look like. Phoenix looks like what I thought an aztec would look like.

So what IS supposed to be the diofference?

This is my

zig-zag ghost female named Aster.
This was when I got her last summer. She is in brumation right now but will be coming out in a couple weeks to get ready to meet up with her boyfriend.:D

Attachments

• aster-just-got-deli-good-7..jpg
    aster-just-got-deli-good-7..jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 191
I'm not sure about the exact differences, if any, between the Zig-zag and Aztec genes. Aztecs pretty much look like zig-zags, they just seem to have a more linear look to their patterns (as with Aztec art).

This snake, a litter-mate to the other one I posted, looks much more like classic Aztec pattern.

Attachments

• aztec-4.jpg
    aztec-4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 190
Aztecs are definitely my favorite corn snake pattern in just about any corn snake color morph. My thanks go out to John Albrecht, the originator of the Aztec pattern :cheers:

This Aztec Lavender was produced in '02 by Jeff Yohe...

Attachments

• aztec1.jpg
    aztec1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 186
I think I'm in the minority here, but Aztec and Zigzag bring two very different pictures to my mind.

"Zigzag" is like that screamer Mike posted. (Awesome snake, BTW, I love how the bold borders go all the way around the sides!)

IOW, zigzag (to me) is when the left and right halves of the saddles are "180 degrees out of phase" with each other.

And "Aztec" makes me picture this type of pattern, where the saddles are broken up or shattered into little chunks:
terra.jpg

(This is one of Hurley's. I wonder how that would look with the motley gene?)

I guess some of them would fit both of my definitions... CornCrazy's looks like both to me. :)

Serp...I guess I'm in that minority, too. That's exactly what I was thinking they should look like. I just wasn't sure how MOST people categorize them.

Gardenmum, that snake is awesome :)

Stephen, I really like the top snake in your pic! That reminds me how nice Aztec Amels can be.

Here's a Jeff Yohe '02 hatchling Aztec Amel, makes you wonder what an Aztec Candy Cane would look like.

Attachments

• aztec_amel-1.jpg
    aztec_amel-1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 114
Thank you. This is one of the adult aberrant stripe females that Rich was selling. My jaw dropped when I pulled her out of the bag, she was more than I had expected. I plan to breed her this year to a male of the same line that I bought in 02. I know he is het for Blizzard and Rich said the line originated in his Blizzard line so if Murphy is kind to me I hope to end up with Amels, Charcoals and Normals.

Re: Hey Serp…

Khaman said:
What would you call this one?
I'd call that a keeper! And then I'd try to breed that pattern into something other than amels. ;) (Hurley has a zigzag charcoal from the "wide stripe" lines, I think that's the same lines as yours?)

Very nice. What are you breeding it to?

Back