• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

[B] shedding question [/B]

tommymamba

when a cornsnake turns blue after a few days the blue gets away. but how long will it take untill she sheds her skin?

ye i have the same question i just bought my first snake, and its in the blue stage, also what can or should b done to help with shedding

Usually after the eyes clear up, they'll shed within 24 hours.
Make sure either the humidity is high enough in the tank, or make a humid hide.
Just take a tupperware bowl your snake can fit into, cut a hole big enough in the side or top, take a warm wash cloth, paper towels, or some even use moss (I use a clean wash cloth) and put it in there on the warm side. There should be some instructions on this in the DIY thread, or just do a search for humid hide.
Also, make sure both eyecaps and the tip of the tail come off in the shed.
If they don't, let us know.
Hope this helps! :D

Usually after the eyes clear up, they'll shed within 24 hours.

Not necessarily... I have snakes who, after going clear, take about 2-4 days to shed. Especially my Miami. She's notorious for going close to a week after clearing up with no shed. Maybe she's just crazy. Everything else was good advice, though.
Another option, if you don't want to make a humid hide, you can mist the viv. It's very simple, and should be done once or twice a day.

Oh yeah! I forgot about misting. Brain fart. :p
And, I thought about the fact that some take longer after I already hit post.
Dex usually sheds within 24 hours, so I guess I was speaking from my own experience.
:D

Back