• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Babies 2012 DUW

SteelJawEmily

I decided to start a new thread that's more organized than my previous one. I will still keep that thread around and use it as a progression for the ones I'm going to keep.

Now, on to the fun stuff! These little ones came from pairing my Anerythristic female Onyx, who turned out to be het Motley, to my Motley Amelanisitc male Michelangelo. All the babies are a bright red version of normals and there are only about 4 normals and the rest are motleys or pinstripe motleys. I'm a little curious if they might be a type of bloodred? Or if they might be het for it? They all have a red wash on their belly's, even the normals. Still don't understand genetics....lol

Picture time!
Normal 1 Female
049-5.jpg

Normal 2 Male
039-5.jpg

Normal 3 Female
028-4.jpg

Normal 4 Female
016-6.jpg

Motley 2 Female, I might end up keeping this one.
008-10.jpg

009-10.jpg

011-8.jpg

Motley 3 Male
024-6.jpg

Motley 4 Female. This little one seems to have some left over shed...I've tried everything. Soaking her, putting in moist towels in a hide in her tub, letting her slither through a washcloth...nothing. Anything else I should try? I'm worried about the eye cap that is still there, I don't want her to go blind because of it.
034-4.jpg

Motley 5 Male
042-7.jpg

Motley 6 Male

Motley 6 Male

002-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

Motley 8 This one I will for sure be keeping, a little male I've named Beaker. I just love the look of him.
019-4.jpg

020-5.jpg

Motley 9 Female
031-4.jpg

Motley 10 Female
046-5.jpg

Just me, but I wouldn't worry terribly about one stuck shed, babies shed so frequently it'll probably come off next time without any issues. I don't know though, I never had that problem with a baby corn :( They are just so tiny I wouldn't want to risk pulling or pinching at anything. Beautiful little babies though, cracks me up when they look at the camera lol

Ok, good thinking. And I know! These were taken before dinner time for them, so they are all like "Uhm....do you mind putting that thing away? I'm hungry!"

What I'm super curious about is the fact that they are all really that bright red/orange. I've never seen normals that bright before...maybe it's just the motley influence? The pictures really are very close to their natural colors.

Motley 10? Ok....she is still active. I left her pinky in there tonight and if she doesn't eat it tomorrow I have a trick up my sleeve I'll try. Everyone else is doing well though. :) Motley 9 is a really wonderful and feisty eater. lol

When I had an adult with a stuck eye cap the vet had me soak him twice a day, mist him, and put Vaseline Intensive Care lotion right on his eye as often as possible. It shed right off in the next shed.

Back