• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Baby Corn hasn't Eatten in almost 3 months...

danigurrl

Kahn's Mommy
I'm sure some of you remember my thread about my friend's corn snakes (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=264353#post264353). To sum it up, she bought 2 corns at the same time and she's housing them together. One eats two pinkies every 3 days (too much in my opinion...) and the other hasn't ate since she got him. He has eatten ONE pinky about a month ago when she brought the poor snake to a "pet" store and a person forced fed the poor thing.

Well I finally convinced her and her stubborn boyfriend to let me take the snake for about a month (the boyfriend did not want me to take the snake that long...but its hard establishing an eatting habit in less than a month for an animal that only eats about once a week....) So after insisting giving me a month, I have the baby safely in my custody. He is EXTREMELY small and frail. I'll try to get some pictures of him.

I'm about to try feeding him a newborn pink. He's been in his own enclosure fo a few days and he seems to be doing well. I saw him drink, and he's been cruising around checking everything out. I'll let you know the outcome if he accepts his first feeding.

He hasn't touched it yet...I was wondering if I could maybe rubber-band a paper towel over the top of the tupperware and put the container back in his viv while I go to work. Would that be alright? I might go pick up some lizard scenting from Petco or something after I get out.

And here is a pic of the little bugger compared to a penny:
100_1944.jpg

I wouldn't do the rubber band thing. What if the rubber band snapped on the corn? It could hurt or kill him. If you leave him alone in the deli cup with the pinky and put that in the viv, and then put a towel over the whole thing. That might work. Is the pinky live? He might respond better to a live one. Or you could smear the brains of a dead one on the live one's head. You could do that before trying the lizard maker.

HE ATE! HE ATE!! I'm so excited!!! I brained the pinky and he ate for me!!!! I'm SO relieved. My friend said she tried that. She said she tried frozen, live, brained...nothing worked. I guess all he needed was his own viv (like I originally said!) He's doing fabulous!! I'm so happy...I don't want to give him back....I might see if I can buy him off her in a couple weeks....

Im glad you got him to eat :)... I got a creamsicle from a girl on this forum about a month and a half ago. She wasnt eating either and kept regurging what she would eat. When i got her i fed her on the first day she ate, then she ate every meal ive offered since then and she is doing great. Not one problem with regurging. I think sometimes they just do better in differernt enviornments.Good luck with everything and i hope they let you keep him :)

Thats probably what was wrong with him to begin with. Maybe he was being bullied. ad stressed and wouldn't eat.

Baba-Lou said:
Thats probably what was wrong with him to begin with. Maybe he was being bullied. ad stressed and wouldn't eat.
Thats what I told her to begin with, but her "reptile expert" advised her differently.

Right now she had the 2 corns in a 10g tank, a full grown bearded dragon in a 20g tank, 3 ferrets, 8 guinea pigs (6 males and 2 baby females, which she is already trying to breed), and she had 2 house chickens that she got rid of. On the to-buy list is a Tegu lizard, some breed of Boa, a chinese water dragon, some other type of lizard that just looked cute, a female bearded dragon, and a cat. :bang: I forgot what else her and her boyfriend are getting...They live in a small apartment and she has no job. They don't know how they are paying next month's rent because right now he isn't working either, he's waiting on a new job, but they keep buying animals.... :sidestep:

wow. I was in that sort of predicament. but i only had 6 mice ad a snake then. now i have 2 snakes, 14 mice and 16 rats, an anole , a hamster and a fish. AND a baby on the way. if anything their irresponsible in my mind. they both don't have a job and he's relying on this other one to hire him...my god. I know I'm 17, i live with ym 20 (soon to be 21) year old b/f and i pay bills i take care of an aparment. and my animals. the only ones i've ever had die on me were either snake food i killed or because they were to old.

thats just so IRRESPONSIBLE!
why buy more animals when you cant even take care of yourself?
I'm glad you finally were able to get one of the corns and that he ate for you. he's very tiny, but if he keeps eating well, he'll grow more. :)

I just get so annoyed with people who want to take in animals or try to adopt animals from the shelter i work at and they cant take care of themselves...no job, cant pay rent, blow what little money they do get on frivolous things...
and if they are allowed to adopt a dog or cat, it comes right back to the shelter again. because the neighbors complain or someone lets us know that they're being neglected. it's just so horrible for the animal to be put through that. it causes them stress, abandonment issues, they lose trust in people, and usually they end up being put to sleep because we arent able to adopt them out again. stupid people!

Wow, its such a shame, for themselves and the animals.

I think the problem with the hatchling was that it was housed together with another hatchling.

I cannot understand that she doesnt wants to listen to that.

Back