• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Baby lavender's first photoshoot

Discordia

Cute Overload
I finally got a baby lavender! Picked him up from Cornsnakeforsale_com; he's 2 months old and het amel, stripe. He's such a curious little baby- I haven't seen any aggressive behavior at all and I always catch him with his head sticking straight up out of the aspen, studying things outside the tank or watching me. I want to get a picture of that but it's always too dark when I catch him and he hides as soon as he sees the initial orange flash on my camera. I don't have a name for him yet, looking for something to do with how curious and studious he is lol. Anyway, I took him out to feed him and thought I'd take some pictures :) It's so hard to get a picture of him without a blurry head ugh I have so many "headless" photos.

10012011.jpg

10012011_01.jpg

"I'm hungry, hurry up."

10012011_02.jpg

This one's more true to color than the two above.

10012011_03.jpg

Belly shot :) I love the iridescence.

10012011_04.jpg

The first time I held him I was surprised at how rubbery he felt LOL. The first snake I ever touched was a rattlesnake and I was expecting something like that- kind of rough and smooth at the same time.

10012011_05.jpg

And a little feeding video. Sorry it's kind of blurry. I didn't realize the macro option was available in video mode until halfway through :eek:

Congrats! I was just wondering the other day if you had picked up one of his lavenders. Very pretty baby.

Back