• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bad Sheds

Fordie

My snake has just shed for the second time whilst in my care, all good stuff except for that the shed came off in lots of pieces, the front half first in one continuous piece, then the back half being rather stubborn needed a little help from the wet towel trick, this part came away in a good 10/15 bits.
She hasnt had a clean one piece shed in the two times she has shed in my care, the last one needed my help also.
The temps are good, 80/85 warm side, 70/72 cool side, and the humidity i think is good, i dont have a meter for this but go on the daily humidity forcast for my area that i find on the net.
She has two water dishes, one cool side and one warm side to help with humidity (this holds a little water and dries out in a few days).
Her eating is great, no regurgs or refusals and she is happy to eat through her shed cycle (well the two that ive seen anyway).
During her blue phase i mist her viv also.
Last night i saw her bathing in her cool side water dish, so her skin was nicely moist i expect.
Any ideas on how to help her get better shedding much appreciated.
Cheers :idea:

You could make a "humidity" hide just for the time the snake goes into the shed cycle. It's basicilly a container that holds damp moss that the snake can crawl into during this cycle. Do a search on it for many more ideas on how to make on.

Next time try putting a moist hide in her cage when she's about to shed.

After she turns real washed out and has the blue eyes, put in a hide box that's has a few moist paper towels. This will create a very humid environment in the hide and should help with her shed problems. After she sheds, just take it out and save it for next time.

Lennycorn said:
You could make a "humidity" hide just for the time the snake goes into the shed cycle. It's basicilly a container that holds damp moss that the snake can crawl into during this cycle. Do a search on it for many more ideas on how to make on.

Beat me to it!

My dog just jump up on me when I rep you so I couldn't finish typing great minds think alike.

Back