• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ball Pythhon feeding

Frank the snake

I adopted Jafar, the ball python who was having eye and shedding problems.

My adopted ball python refused to eat anything other than live rats when I rescued him. He refused to eat one day, the second feeding, and I am glad I was wearing gloves while I was supervising the feeding of a live adult rat the whole time. It started biting the snake. (no serious injuries) I grabbed the rat by the tail and it started thrashing around and the tail skin pulled off to revile the muscle and bone. It then tried again to attack the ball python but it was quickly grabbed by my leather gloved hands. It was furiously biting my gloves. Thank god I have a friend who had a hungry 10 foot anaconda to feed the rat to. I refused to feed him a rat ever again.

After 2 months of starving he reluctantly ate a live mouse. Still won't eat dead, but yesterday he ate two adult mice as fast as I put them in his feeder cage. I am glad I waited. After two months, this full grown male ball python 3'8 long and 3"wide didn't shrink or loose any weight at all.

I am just glad I can stop feeding him those nasty rats.

Back